What you will do
As a Community Manager at Timescale🐯, you will build our developer community outreach strategy for the Observability and Prometheus community, growing both our influence in and contributions to communities around the world. We don’t believe in one-off community interaction; we believe in long-term, collaborative relationships, and technically credible and valuable work. We have a passionate base of existing community members, and you will devise the programs that connect these individuals to each other and Timescale engineers, executives, and Developer Advocates. You will identify emerging community leaders and communities where we can deliver value – and codify our process for doing so. You’ll be a tireless advocate for diversity in the community, helping community leaders and the communities they represent deliverpositive and inclusive experiences 💥! You will crisply communicate strategy and plans to all stakeholders and build systems to track our progress and report on our successes.
This role is remote anywhere in the EU and North American Time Zones, and English language fluency is a requirement.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with influential developers in the Prometheus and OpenTelemetry communities, devising programs to support them.
- Working alongside our Community Manager for Postgres – learning, building, and strategizing on how to best scale programmatic community efforts for different audiences as Timescale.
- Building programs to identify and help key leaders in the Promscale user community grow their skills, connect with one another, and provide feedback to our team.
- Connecting our engineers and user community for 1:1 product feedback sessions, content recommendations, joint open-source contributions, live streams, and more.
- Maintaining positive relationships with community leaders around the world.
- Maintaining the technical credibility and authenticity of the entire program at all times.
A little bit about you
You’re looking for a role that will allow you to grow as a leader in the community and continue to build relationships. You are passionate about the opportunities for building positive and inclusive experiences here at Timescale. You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution! You thrive in a bold startup environment and can balance competing priorities with ease 🙌.
- Have proven expertise at building communities for developer products.
- Possess an innate understanding of developer communities and what excites them!
- Have a particular passion for observability and cloud-native technologies.
- Default to detailed, precise, action-oriented communication.
- Are a process hero who can turn complex, byzantine projects into simple checklists and tasks.
- Are a problem solver who naturally seeks solutions and fixes.
- Have exceptional cross-organizational skills with the ability to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, de-escalate, and re-route issues across the org chart; you’re also comfortable asking for help from leadership.
- Maintain a deep understanding and appreciation for the constant and rapid shift in how and where people consume content and share their experiences.
- Possess a true passion for developers and nerd culture.
- Thrive and excel at working independently.
- Believe that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and maintain a serious commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)