**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Community Programs Manager represents Jama as the voice of the community. They engage with customers to cultivate strong relationships, understand unmet needs, and connect with people daily by becoming a trusted community member. They maintain a friendly and constructive atmosphere and are prompt to responding to customer queries publicly. They will help grow and evolve the community to enable product success for customers in partnership with Customer Support Leadership and teams across Jama. They will lead engagement efforts, provide energetic and empathetic support, and develop a deep understanding of Jama Connect users. Their primary focus will be to manage Jama’s online community support forum, ensuring a collaborative and engaged self-service experience. To do this we are looking for someone who is a champion of the product, our users, and is comfortable diving in to provide product support. The Community Programs Manager position will require excellent customer focus, demonstrated ability to master the product, Jama Connect, and a passion to organize people and communicate clearly. In this role you will collaborate with the Manager of Customer Support and will work multi-functionally across Jama. If you’re an experienced community leader who delights in the details of community configuration and content moderation, we’d love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary project manager for Community communication campaigns, in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Product. Advocating for our customers in all steps of the journey.
- Exceptional ability to build and foster relationships, instilling trust across diverse internal departments to drive collaboration between customers, Jama employees and partners. Drives this participation in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across Jama by analyzing website traffic, customer community questions, customer feature requests, and trending support tickets to parse out: what problems our customers are currently attempting to solve and how they are really using our product. Using this information to source the most relevant and meaningful content to ensure timely moderation and responses to community questions.
- Draw on both quantitative and qualitative data and insights, analyze and report out on user behavior, user trends supporting sales lead generation, product user insights, and technical support purposes.
- Oversees technical, integration, and system administration aspects of the community.
- Leads technology and process improvements within the community platform.
- Develop a content management strategy, enabling greater adoption of the community both internally and externally, promoting self-service support, and up-to-date knowledge.
- Author and contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and continuously improves team processes.
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer Support organization, preferably in B2B SaaS
- 2+ years of experience building or growing online communities, forum moderation, customer advocacy, program management, and/or social media management.
- Can articulate when the use of an API is vital to extend an application’s abilities.
- Effective communicator in a variety of settings; one-on-one, small, and large groups, and among diverse styles and position levels.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience analyzing community feedback and reporting key trends and takeaways to the broader team and internal partners.
Strengths You’ll Need
- Skilled in process design, relentless in the need to improve.
- Proven track record to thrive in a highly multi-functional, fast paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and being a self-starter.
- An intellectual curiosity and willingness to dive deep into a dynamic, complex space.
- Strong business sense and intuition: able to perceive future business needs and act upon those needs with very little direction.
- Strong organizational skills: time management, reliability, an eye for detail, and emotional intelligence.
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.