Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for budgeting, coordination and execution of tenant improvement and capital improvements, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget. The Construction Manager will also need to build and manage relationships with architects, general contractors, and other key vendors, with a focus on building repeatable functions that can meet the demands of a fast-paced, quickly growing environment.
- Oversight of general contractor and key vendors on a day to day basis to meet timeline and budget
- Managing vendors towards receipt of relevant permits and other government approvals
- Cross-team collaboration across various job functions to ensure properties meet tenant needs and requirements
- Lead capital planning for projects including budgeting and cash forecasting, as well as reporting for cash flow forecasting purposes
- Lead the screening and selection process for construction vendors, including soliciting bids and performing comparison analysis
- Work with acquisition team on cost forecasting to provide insights on potential property acquisitions
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction/building science, or engineering, or equivalent experience in construction management
- 5 years commercial construction experience, ideally within industrial
- Demonstrated track record of planning and managing multiple ground up construction, tenant related projects, and capital improvements at once
- Experience reviewing various construction related documents such as AIA forms, contracts and draw packages
- 7 years commercial construction experience, ideally within industrial
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave