At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the role:
Vercel is seeking a Content Developer to build and maintain our product documentation, technical blog articles, and educational materials. They will work with product, engineering and developer relations to develop and maintain comprehensive product documentation and release notes that meet organizational standards and set users up for success with the product. They must be able to translate complex product information into simple, polished, engaging content, including blog posts, articles, and product guides.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of clear and concise technical writing, with experience in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure Vercel and Next.js documentation is clear and comprehensive
- Work with product and engineering to develop new docs, change logs, and any supporting materials
- Develop supporting technical blogs or articles
- Own the maintenance of published docs to remove outdated material
- Potential to, if interested, work with DevRel on educational materials including guides, quick-starts, how-to’s etc.
- Familiar with using Markdown to write content, and Git workflows
- Strong familiarity with Next.js and Vercel
- Strong user advocate, especially for developers
- Ability to prioritize workload, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail along the way
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team.
- Willing to dive head first into an unfamiliar domain and write content about it
- You have ideas around processes, UI and content creation, and are not afraid to share them
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.