At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
Love to code and write? Vercel is looking for Content Engineers to help share Vercel’s vision for the Web! Vercel’s team includes the creators and maintainers of many incredible technologies used by millions of developers, such as Next.js, Vercel, Turborepo, Svelte, Webpack, SWR, and more.
As a Content Engineer, you will be expected to gain expertise on our products, OSS, customers, and partners, and share that expertise through exceptional content, including code examples and demos to support your writing. We expect Content Engineers to keep their coding skills sharp, develop deep product knowledge, and explore multiple paths for personal and career growth inside Vercel.
What you will do:
- Strive for expertise on modern web development, including Vercel’s products, OSS, customers, and partners
- Write technical blog posts, articles, ebooks, and other content
- Uphold and contribute to the writing and development standards of Vercel
- Bring your written content ideas to life by working with DevRel, Marketing, Design, and Engineering
- Have freedom to develop as part of your content projects, building examples and tools to support and contextualize your work
- Strong background and interest in frontend development
- Strong track record in writing technical content
- Experience with Next.js, React, or Svelte
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are dedicated to sharing knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- Ability to prioritize workload, and carry out complex projects with high attention to detail along the way
How to apply:
A writing project is required. If you receive an offer for the role, you’ll be compensated for your time and work. Along with your resume, please include a 1,000-2,000 word blog post based on one of the following prompts:
- How has the Web evolved from serverless to edge?
- How is Vercel empowering frontend developers?
- How is Svelte changing the future of the Web?
Things to consider as you write:
- Our target audience for the Vercel blog is mid-to-senior level engineers and individual contributors
- Vercel content is digital-first, and often consumed on smaller screens. Keep scannability and accessibility best practices in mind.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO. We recommended taking at least 4-weeks per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.