The world is exploding with data. As cyber threats grow daily, companies are trying to manage and secure all of their sensitive data while struggling to comply with increasing regulations. Employees waste precious time by trying to manage compliance with tools like Excel and email, which don’t scale in this complex space, leading to enormous risks, regulatory fines, lowered stock price, and compromised reputation. Not only must they figure out which standards matter, but they must also determine if and how they can meet these standards with confidence. Companies need a better way to keep their promises and safeguard your sensitive data.
Enter Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact. It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof. We recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations that help organizations build trust through proof.
***Please submit digital content samples with application. Ability to write well is a key criteria for this role.***
Role of the Content Marketing Team: The mission of the team is to drive brand awareness, interest and preference in Hyperproof by creating engaging, relevant content and messaging. We conduct research to gain insights into the challenges compliance professionals face. We create content that helps our audience solve the challenging issues they face at work, learn best practices and make a bigger impact within their chosen profession. The content this team creates will improve user engagement, grow traffic and drive leads and revenue. You will be part of the team that helps Hyperproof gain market leadership position in the compliance/security assurance/risk management space.
What You Do: This is a unique, hybrid role that involves creating marketing content and conducting research to help Hyperproof identify and vet market expansion opportunities (new use cases, buyers, markets) and take new solutions to market.
On one hand, you will create content including blog posts, solution pages, customer case studies, ebooks, video scripts, etc — to support brand building, demand generation, product marketing and sales activities. You craft forward-thinking content for B2B audiences, long and short form, to drive engagement with our brand and our products. You are skilled at interpreting data and can design the narrative that will drive the messaging for each long form research package the team releases. You analyze content performance against key business metrics, reporting back to the team on a regular basis and adjusting strategy/tactics as needed to meet business objectives. Collaborating with the rest of the team, you identify missed opportunities and gaps in our content and build tactical plans to address that gap.
On the other hand, your role supports the product marketing function, working under the Senior Director of Product Marketing. You will immerse yourself in the compliance space, understand buyer needs, Hyperproof’s products and competitive solutions. You will keep a pulse on the market. You will be conducting research and data analysis projects to help the company identify meaningful expansion opportunities. Your research and recommendations will support go-to-market decisions made by Hyperproof’s senior leadership team.
Example projects you will work on in this role
- Research current compliance related topics for an upcoming series of blog posts, ebooks, and social posts to build the key messaging
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop copy/content assets for an upcoming campaign
- Work on a strategic research project to learn more about a new buyer segment
- Analyze reporting metrics of recent content releases and make recommendations for how to increase engagement for upcoming campaigns
- Develop script for a short video to promote an upcoming research report
- Meet with members from sales, product management and client support to gain insights on customer perspectives and internal business challenges, and apply these findings to our content strategy
- Provide feedback on visual assets/graphics for an upcoming ebook/website release
Experience needed for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in content marketing, digital marketing or a related discipline such as journalism
Skills and traits we’re looking for
- You have strong research and analytical skills.
- You can take in a lot of information and quickly distill it down to the most important elements and derive “so what?”
- You are not afraid to get technical, whether it’s digging into Hyperproof’s products and learning how they work or learning about new concepts in cybersecurity.
- You display a strong writing and editing background that includes a wide variety of topics and audiences, including technical audiences. You enjoy longer term, research based writing, but you are also an agile writer who can react to current events and turn around a blog post on the spot.
- You have a working knowledge of SEO methodologies/tools You have experience analyzing data in marketing analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce, AHREFS (or another SEO tool), Marketo/HubSpot/Pardot, Tableau and Excel. You can use data in various formats and tools to answer critical business questions and drive data-based decision-making
- Proficiency in working in a common content management system such as WordPress
- You have strong communication skills. You can communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of organization
- You are a team player who has a demonstrated record of helping your colleagues succeed, even when you don’t personally immediately benefit from that effort.
- WordPress: can upload, edit and publish posts. Can upload content to the website.
- Google Analytics: can quickly get up to speed on how our account is set up and tracking. Produce month over month and year over year reports that drive optimization and improved results.
- MS Excel: ability to build and analyze large spreadsheets, utilize basic formulas, and execute on functions such as pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
We Live Our Core Values Every Minute of Every Day
At Hyperproof we live our core values every minute of every day. We believe they are critical to our success today and tomorrow. Below are our core values. Read through them and if you see yourself in our values, let’s talk!
We are Customer Champions: We actively seek feedback and respond accordingly. We start with customer needs and work backwards. We make decisions using customer data when available. We regularly and proactively seek customer feedback on designs, offers and other work products and then respond to that feedback.
We are Innovators: We are curious, creative, and persistent pursuers of simplicity in our solutions. We challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches. We are curious and seek out and embrace change. We revisit the product to apply new innovations.
We are Diverse & Inclusive: We take responsibility and joy in creating community that reflects the broadest spectrum. We speak our mind respectfully so that we can be heard by others. We practice Empathy so others feel safe sharing honest feedback. We are intentional about fostering an inclusive work environment. We believe in diversity in experience and thought. Discrimination has no place at Hyperproof in any form.
We are Leaders Who Take Action: We collect data, measure, prioritize and act. If you notice there is a problem, address it. Collect as much high quality data as quickly as possible. Time bound yourself and make the decision. Measure the outcome and adjust.
We are Trusted Experts: We build trust through authentic and ethical behavior paired with deep expertise. The commitments we make are always met, and if we are unable we let others know right away. We commit only when we intend to follow through, not as a tactic to move the discussion forward. We only make decisions we would be willing to publicize. We speak out when others make decisions that compromise our values.
We are Team Players: We keep our team strong by setting the bar high and listening and caring for one another. We prioritize succeeding as a team over optimizing for individual objectives. We frequently recognize everyone’s contributions – we ‘promote from within’ when possible. Those who are able to mentor, do. All provide timely feedback to those who request it.
We are a fully remote company! You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
-Unlimited PTO (and we actually take it)
-401k and generous match so you can start saving for the future immediately
-Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
-Quarterly Wellness benefit
-Company get togethers to meet your remote peers
-Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.