**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
Reporting to the Director of Content, Creative, and Brand Strategy, the Marketing Content Specialist will collaborate very closely with, the Content Marketing Manager. This role will ultimately help optimize content to assist with driving the increase in leads and opportunities.
The ideal candidate has a positive, collaborative, can-do attitude, is a diligent seeker of knowledge, has outstanding attention to detail, and very strong organizational and project management skills. Given the complexity of both our product offering and innovative industries we serve, we’re looking for someone who is willing to spend the time and energy needed to understand our target market (engineers and product developers), learn their language, and build content that speaks to their needs.
You have a knack and passion for writing/editing about sophisticated topics and be adept at efficiently and effectively authoring numerous pieces of content, including blog posts, web copy, webinar collateral, email marketing copy, and more. You are a writer first and foremost — eager to educate, delight, and inform our customers and prospects. Experienced in B2B marketing (SaaS experience is a big plus!) and possess a strong interest in measuring the success of content through analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Publishing blog posts in WordPress each week to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other vital marketing metrics and then promoting via our social media channels
- Producing regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with our audience’s interests and needs by writing/editing/contributing to various articles on a wide range of topics for our blog
- Optimizing blog content for search engines and lead generation and working with the team on analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics
- Contribute to planning, ideation, and creative strategy for content creation – we want to hear your ideas!
- Produce and contribute to creative and compelling brand-aligned content across multiple channels, in long and short formats — such as abstracts, marketing emails, company and product descriptions, blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, video scripts, infographics, customer stories, and web pages — with specific message targeting in mind to nurture leads and support sales
- Collaborate with other teams to understand positioning in different markets and key messaging across verticals
- Collaborate with external influencers, and other industry professionals to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key partners and our core audience.
- Brainstorm new and creative ways to present information to our customers, prospects and audience
- Work within tight deadlines across multiple projects to execute on our marketing programs
- Review and edit existing content, and be prepared to modify where required
- Support Digital team with SEO optimization of content assets and other related initiatives
- Assist other marketing functions as needed, such as proofreading and providing copywriting support for events, webinars campaigns, website, social media, and other channels
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience, ideally in B2B/SaaS/Technology
- Skilled in producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) with experience building audiences
- Experience with, lengthy review cycles capturing feedback and edits from multiple partners
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Experienced with:
- Google Analytics
- Video/Audio production
- Project Management tool familiarity (e.g. Wrike, Trello, Monday, Asana)
- Knowledge of blog, email, and landing page optimization standard methodologies, and SEO and SEM writing capabilities
Strengths You’ll Need
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional writing and eagle-eye editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- Detail-orientated, supremely organized, and efficient with managing time, following direction and adhering to editorial calendars
- Self-motivated and driven to produce meaningful, impactful content
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business’ mission
- Outstanding organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.