We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you passionate about creating inspiring and helpful content to help readers succeed? Do you flourish when writing irresistible headlines for blogs, social media, landing pages, and emails? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Working as a Content Marketing Writer, you’ll craft content that both drives awareness of the Thinkific brand and acquires new customers. You may have dabbled in a bit of everything in past roles, but you now specialize in storytelling, writing long-form blogs, case studies, video scripts, and landing pages. You’ll be responsible for driving the execution of the content marketing strategy we have in place, identifying content opportunities that help Thinkific rank on organic search, drive video views, and capture the attention of customers. You don’t just craft compelling content—you have a plan for promotion, too.
In this role, you will:
- Build case studies, blogs, ebooks, video scripts, webinars, whitepapers, emails, and similar content that can be either new or repurposed from existing material
- Write, edit, and publish original content for both owned platforms and guest posts for external channels in order to support our demand and lead generation efforts
- Prepare content briefs for freelance writers to complete writing assignments, coordinating project deadlines
- Identify topic ideas and craft scripts for videos to grow our YouTube channel, working with our videographer
- Work closely with the rest of the Content Marketing team to refine strategies, create plans, execute on, and promote content initiatives
- Build content for varying personas and audiences, including different verticals within the SMB space and mid-market organizations
- Wear your conversion optimization hat to test and optimize landing page copy/design and CTA impact
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience in content writing, copywriting, or content marketing and are now looking to take your career to the next level
- Are an impeccable writer and editor with a penchant for cranking out a high volume of content without sacrificing quality
- Have experience crafting content for written materials, videos, infographics, landing pages, and web copy In addition to experience creating and executing content campaigns, online events, and other non-PPC digital campaigns
- Are a persuasive storyteller that has successfully helped establish a company’s written voice and thought leadership content (bonus points if it was for a SaaS company)
- Know how to write irresistible headlines for blogs, social media, landing pages, and emails
- Understand the value of a content calendar and are looking to help create content across channels and customer funnel stages for maximum reach and impact
- Easily relate to different user personas—you can craft compelling content that speaks to the core motivating drivers of these audiences and can jump between different personas and types of content
- Are strategic in your content—you connect your customer focus with your marketing and growth acumen
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are empathetic—you can put yourself in the shoes of your audience and internal stakeholders to anticipate their needs
- Have successfully generated a large number of consistent, relevant leads from content marketing
- Are passionate about digital marketing and business growth. We’re building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, open rates, analytics, A/B testing, and acquisition funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company during a high growth stage
- Have scaled a content program resulting in significant revenue impact
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!