About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Content Operations Specialist (Location, Remote)
The Content Operations Specialist will be responsible for facilitating the technical onboarding of new customers by validating inbound streams and addressing pre-production ingestion issues. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Content Operations, this role will involve owning and managing the Wurl ingestion and restream specs, acting as the point of contact for Wurl’s premium customer base regarding content delivery to Wurl and as an internal escalation path for the broader Channel Operations team.
This is a new, much-needed role within the Wurl organization as our channel distribution network continues to grow. As we expand our customer base and streaming endpoints, we also need to expand our Content Operations team. We are on the cutting edge of streaming technology, so there are a lot of new workflows and content optimization opportunities we must continue to build. If you enjoy fast-paced environments, creating new workflows alongside incredible teammates for some of the best content companies in the entertainment business, then this is the place for you!
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a point of escalation for Content Companies as it pertains to content ingest and inbound stream delivery
- Own and manage the Wurl content and restream ingest specs
- Maintain and operate the Wurl ingest and restream workflow
- Ensure all content providers deliver assets and streams in accordance with the required technical specs in a timely manner
- Validate inbound channel streams for distribution within the Wurl Network
- Work with Content Companies on technical adjustments required for distribution
- Partner with the Wurl Programming Strategy and Content Distribution teams to ensure content is ingested and available for scheduling in a timely manner
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues that pertain to content ingest
- Ability to identify which issues need to be escalated and effectively communicate them to other branches of the company using tools such as JIRA, ZenDesk and Asana
- Have an innovative eye for ways to scale content delivery efforts while maintaining any documentation needed to ensure the process remains accurate
- Directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company
- 4+ years experience in digital content operations at a Studio, Streaming Service, or Service Provider
- Expert project management skills including the ability to take on several projects at once
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video specs including video codecs, closed caption formats and stream output types
- Strong understanding of HLS specs along with stream workflows such as MediaLive and Zixi outputs are strongly preferred
- Understanding of inbound and outbound metadata outputs, such as familiarity with Gracenote and TiVo metadata delivery, along with outbound channel JSONs and XMLs is strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining workflows using Telestream Cloudport software is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and managing client relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace Subscriptions for Mental and Physical Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.