Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome a Content Strategist to be a critical part of our Content Marketing team. As part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team, you will not only tell the Guru story but also ensure it is seen by a wide audience.
This job is not only about how well you write; it’s about combining strong storytelling skills with the ability to help others develop seeds of ideas into full-fledged campaigns. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and find opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more efficiently as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance for all teammates, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize life and work are increasingly intertwined more than ever.
Main role description:
You will work closely with the entire marketing team (and occasionally other orgs) as a member of Guru’s in-house content “agency”. You will be an expert sounding board and brainstorming partner who can efficiently prioritize and lead multiple simultaneous projects based on company priorities
- Publishing multiple pieces of content/week (ex: whitepapers, blog posts, infographics, and case studies)
- Updating existing content in order to maintain its relevance
- Working with the SEO lead to support our ongoing search engine optimization efforts
- Capturing and analyzing data for original research and internal content trends
- Measuring performance of content to inform future strategies
- Working with external partners on co-marketing opportunities
- Prospect-focused email campaign development and optimization
- 2+ years in a B2B marketing environment (ideally at a SaaS company) as a content writer or comparable role
- Excellent writing skills
- Phenomenal cross-functional working skills
- The ability to understand and distill complex ideas into engaging and compelling narratives and a knack for picking relatable examples
- The ability to manage multiple projects and assets
- The ability to balance creating person-focused content with SEO-based requirements
Bonuses but not deal-breakers:
- Brand-focused social media experience
- Video creation and/or editing experience
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.