Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Join us at www.community.com @incommunityAbout the Role and Your Impact
As the first member of our Content team you will work collaboratively across Marketing to identify messaging opportunities, plan, manage, and write copy that communicates our value clearly and with charm. You will help build the brand voice and identity across both marketing and product, driving cohesion across all channels. You will work on product marketing, landing pages, case studies, blogs, acquisition ads, social, video scripts and more.
You will report to Community’s Vice President, Marketing and work cross-functionally with Marketing, Design, Product, and Sales to ensure we have strong and consistent messaging across all customer touch points. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with both technical and creative aspects of positioning a SaaS solution in the B2B landscape.
What You’ll Do
- Meet with internal partners across marketing and beyond to shape the strategy and ideation of high-quality messaging. Own the execution of messaging strategy.
- Develop, own, and manage a content marketing calendar in partnership with our Brand, Social, and Creative teams.
- Edit and proofread materials across marketing materials, sales collateral, case studies, white papers, executive communications, and more; provide quality control across the org.
- Collaborate with brand designers to develop creative ways to educate and inspire customers and prospects.
- Help Community to establish a differentiating voice and tone. Provide our team with effective tools to ensure brand guidelines are met, and messaging is cohesive across all channels and assets.
- Monitor performance and feedback on current and past campaigns; take a data-driven approach to support new ideas when sharing with other stakeholders and collaborators.
- Create thoughtful and creative content strategies for A/B testing landing pages, advertising, and other performance marketing initiatives
- Thoughtfully articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an authentic and digestible way.
- Collaborate inclusively and openly with multi-disciplinary teammates.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience as a Copywriter, ideally in a fast-paced, B2B-focused, high-growth environment; ability to thrive with little oversight in an ambiguous, evolving environment.
- A portfolio showcasing an array of digital writing experience – Brand, UX, Marketing, and Product.
- Strong independent project management skills; ability to prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Experience building brand guidelines and messaging frameworks from scratch.
- Experience messaging to a wide variety of customer segments.
- Awareness of new trends in the digital space; ability to adapt to various styles and tones.
- Familiarity with different forms of writing styles, like APA and MLA.
- Quality assurance for spelling and grammar.
- Experience concepting and executing projects with multiple stakeholders and collaborating closely with strategic partners and designers.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.