Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, along with a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome a Content Strategist to be a critical member of our small but mighty Content Marketing team. As part of this highly collaborative and cross-functional team, you will not only tell Guru’s product story but also ensure it is seen by a wide audience.
This job is not only about how well you write; it’s about combining strong technical, narrative, and brand voice skills with the ability to help implement our go-to-market web strategy.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and find opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more efficiently as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance for all teammates, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize life and work are increasingly intertwined more than ever.
As a product-focused member of the Content Marketing team, you will work closely with our Product Marketing and Business Development teams to showcase how Guru’s knowledge management solution benefits companies and makes work faster and easier. You will be an expert sounding board and brainstorming partner who can efficiently prioritize and lead multiple simultaneous projects based on company priorities.
- Telling the product story on marketing pages, in blog posts, and case studies
- Writing and refining integrations and competitive pages
- Updating existing content in order to maintain its relevance
- Working with the SEO team to support our ongoing search engine optimization efforts, including writing pages specifically designed for organic search
- Measuring performance of content to inform future strategies
- Working with external partners on co-marketing opportunities
- 2+ years in a B2B marketing environment (ideally at a SaaS company) as a content writer or comparable role
- Excellent writing skills
- Phenomenal cross-functional working skills
- The ability to understand and distill complex ideas into engaging and compelling narratives and a knack for picking relatable examples
- The ability to manage multiple projects and assets
- The ability to balance creating person-focused content with SEO-based requirements
- The ability to measure and analyze content performance
Bonuses but not deal-breakers:
- Video creation and/or editing experience
Benefits to you:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (Health Care) contribution
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, and Emergence Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.