Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Content Strategy team at Coinbase works to educate and inspire current and future customers about the benefits of crypto and current and future employees about Coinbase values. Our multimedia performance marketing content lives outside of the product and supports our retail and brand and acquisition efforts.
We’re looking for a content strategist who can plan and write top-of-the-funnel content for a fast-growing, category-defining company. Think scripts, ads, landing pages, and more. You’ll lead efforts to apply a consistent Coinbase voice to our content that informs and inspires retail customers.
Coinbase is the leader of an entirely new industry and every choice we make with our words must be intentional, considered, and consistent—that’s how we maintain the hard-won trust we’ve earned over the course of our eight years. This person should be equally comfortable drafting clear and impactful copy—in short and long form—as they are in articulating the “why” behind the words, workshopping, refining, and defending frameworks they’ve built to make decisions.
The ideal candidate will have the right combination of judgement, editorial chops, flexibility, creative ideas, and strategic thinking. We’re looking for someone with a keen ability to run with feedback, and quickly and efficiently determine how to improve and build on their work with an eye for crafting relatable, accurate, and impactful content.
This role reports into the Content Strategy Manager and will work closely with performance marketers, brand strategists, and designers for the information they need to make great writing happen.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to develop ideas from a spark into world-ready copy, then proof before final delivery. Together, we’ll explore fresh ideas, channels, and media formats for our performance marketing content.
- Continuously improve on our content across channels — from the quality of our presentation to the media we use — in support of our marketing goals.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and product teams to produce collateral that shapes our brand and helps future customers get started in crypto.
- Strengthen your copy with research, data, and a balanced dose of experimentation.
- Look at performance metrics to better understand what works and what doesn’t.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- A minimum of 5 years experience writing on the internet—with a background in advertising, content marketing, or journalism. Agency experience preferred.
- A portfolio of relevant work. We’re looking for snappy headlines, compelling landing pages, and videos with a voice.
- Ability to deftly handle feedback and edits from partners across the company: peers, subject matter expertise, and the Legal team.
- Experience translating complex concepts into easy-to-read words.
- Experience working with designers to tell (and show) the best story possible.
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission.
Nice to haves
- A passion for editing. Grammar checks and second opinions welcome.
- A passion for (or at least a familiarity with) crypto or Fintech.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.