At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
About This Position
The Contracts Manager will play a critical role as a core member of the Strategic Sourcing team. He/She will govern and actively drive buy-side contracting processes, administration and execution.
- Review, draft or redline contracts for any buy side deal prior to legal review
- Actively participate in negotiation or contract negotiation calls with vendors to track agreements of the deal
- Develop and lead automated contracting processes for Strategic Sourcing
- Partner with other members of the strategic sourcing team to develop RFPs and other requirements for specific deals across all categories and commodities
- Partner with legal, compliance, security and other relevant teams to ensure the Strategic Sourcing processes incorporate their needs and protect Hopin
- Ensure the contracts database/repository is up to date and partner with legal operations to ensure buy-side contracts are administered appropriately
- Track and report on various aspects of contracts, including but not limited to spend, renewals, risks, commitments etc.
- Negotiate contracts, in partnership with legal, as needed.
Preferred Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience and achievement in drafting, reviewing and/or negotiation buy-side contracts for one or more of the following categories: G&A, IT/Engineering, contingent workforce, professional services, benefits and business process outsourcing. SaaS experience is highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of how contracts are structured, written and negotiated.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience managing global contract requirements and working cross functionality to ensure stakeholder input to the contract.
- Proven ability to drive positive change and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams
- Experience with CLM systems, contract compliance and building contract governance programs.
- Self-starter who can find ways to leverage processes, systems and tools to scale efficiencies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, other business disciplines, supply chain, or equivalent degrees (Master’s Degree/JD Preferred)
- 7+ years’ experience in a Paralegal / Procurement / Supply Chain / Sourcing role
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem