Are you someone who loses track of time when tapping away at the keyboard for an article? Does a blank Google Document fill your head with ideas? Do you love stalking other writers on LinkedIn and have an embarrassingly large swipe file of “blogs you love”? Have you always felt that words have immense power and content can change the fortunes of a business?
If this is the case, then we see you! Today’s your lucky day. Because we are looking for you. You – who can grow the organic traffic to our blog and bring the fun and irreverent brand of Convert to 2021’s list of “Greatest Content Driven Companies”.
We’re Convert.com. We could talk for ages about how we’re an optimization software market leader, but we’re more than that. We have made finding human solutions to data driven problems our mission. We care about the world around us and creating software and partnerships that help us all move forward. We support our readers through meaningful content that solves problems, our customers by listening to their needs and delivering a product they love, and our team, by providing an environment where they can experiment and grow every day.
Don’t believe us, check out our values:
- Progress, Not Perfection – Rolling with the punches.
- Transparency as the Foundation – Sharing how we operate and what we believe in, even when others choose to stay silent.
- Diversity by Default – Great ideas don’t thrive in isolation.
- Accountability to Vision – Setting aspirational goals and making them real.
- Sustainability in the DNA – Giving back more than we take.
- Freedom as the End Goal – Helping team members and customers do what they do best.
This role will be responsible for shifting content at Convert into the future. If you are interested in crafting a B2B SaaS content strategy that grows traffic, leads, authority, and brand trust with a well documented foundation of what’s already worked, this could be an interesting role for you.
A normal day looks like:
- Working with well-fleshed out content briefs
- Support and coaching from the Marketing Lead Link
- Collaborating with the Distribution Optimizer and SEO Ninja on backlinking strategy and optimization opportunities.
- Conducting keyword research to find opportunities Convert can capitalise on.
- Creating 10x style cornerstone content.
- Growing our blog traffic through organic search.
- [BONUS] No overwhelm. Our entire content process is mapped and visualized. You’ll hit the ground running!
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about understanding how B2B buyers take decisions and how value-first content can influence that.
- Experience in content funnels that can sell an awesome software solution by supporting prospects with value
- Someone who is data guided and thinks critically.You love tools like Google Analytics because data is fun and with data you never need to doubt your decisions.
- Someone who is intensely curious about improving outputs and trying new things.
- A passion for experimentation
- Someone that has a strong personality and can push back, but also recognises the opportunity to learn from everything
- Experience using tools like SEMRush. This will get you brownie points.
Salary: Up to $35US per hour
Hours: 25 hours per week
Status: Independent Contractor
Timezone: Any timezone but flexibility to attend some meetings and collaborate with the team as needed.
Why work at Convert?
Convert is 100% distributed and powered by Holacracy. This means you’ll have the opportunity to shape your role and decide how (and when) you work. Our team can be found in 16 countries (and growing) and we actively encourage our members to discuss challenges and issues that are important to them and their work.
Here’s a few more things that are great about working with us:
- Well defined processes & expectations (and the ability to redefine them).
- Working with a team of friendly, quirky people who are great at what they do, are eager to share their learning, and big on pet pictures.
- Access to premium courses and tools.
- Culture of learning. No failures. Only experiments.
- Ability to collaborate with experts in the CRO space.
- Fully remote working with an allowance each month to help you be as productive as you can.
- Full-time members receive 14 days of paid leave.
- Premium wellbeing stipend after the first 6 – 12 months of joining Convert.
- Being part of a company that’s committed to improving business for brands that make the world better
- Independent contractor status means you can work from ANYWHERE. No work permits needed
How to apply:
Follow the link and complete all of the questions to apply. Your application will be anonymized before our hiring team reviews your application, to remove bias because of things like age, gender, location, disability, religion or beliefs.
The next steps look like this:
- Application review – Our hiring team will review your anonymized application and let you know if you’re invited to an interview.
- Values interview – Interview focused on Convert values, so you can see if we’re a good fit for you and vice versa.
- Skills based interview – We’ll get to know more about how your experience and what you can bring to Convert, as well as an opportunity for you to learn more about the role and challenges we have coming up.
- Paid content project – We’ll collaborate with you on a piece of content to see how we work together. (Don’t worry it’s paid)