Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates (CA) is looking for an aspiring business professional to join our Strategy team as an intern and play an integral role in establishing our Corporate and Business Development function – a high profile area of strategic importance for CA. This role provides a qualified candidate tangible work impact, the opportunity to learn key drivers of value in the education and software sectors, and the potential to shape the definition and direction of our long-term strategy. The duration of this internship is 8-10 weeks, ideally starting by the end of June.
The impact you will have:
- Gain knowledge of a corporate development function through exposure to various parts of the M&A process including origination and sector coverage
- Help build our new corporate development and strategic partnerships function by driving key design and strategic planning processes:
- Perform market, industry, and company-specific assessment analyses to discuss with CA leaders
- Refine internal M&A evaluation processes by assisting in building financial model and board investment overview templates as well as guide diligence discussion materials
- Build a competitive intel repository on M&A activity and key partnerships in the sector, presenting implications for CA’s strategic direction in leadership discussions
- Conduct a landscape analysis of strategic partnership functions with other enterprise software businesses to recommend areas of further development and improvement for CA
- Advise on ways to engage external players and diversify our networks to promote new perspectives.
Who are we looking for:
- Must be pursuing an MBA or equivalent experience
- Has a background in consulting, investment banking, private equity or corporate/business development
- Has an interest in K-12 education and/or familiarity in the software sector (preferred, but no direct experience is required)
- Mission driven individual, who cares about our mission of making classrooms better places and our focus on conscious capitalism
- Has excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills (presenting, meeting facilitation)
- Has strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Has an entrepreneurial orientation and comfort in working in a start-up environment (able to work both independently and proactively as well as work with a broad team)
Location: This role will be 100% remote