Lambda’s mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power Machine Learning engineers at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
Lambda is seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to bring their accounting expertise to our rapidly growing company. This role will report directly to our VP of Finance and be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership and oversight of all accounting and controllership activities. The Corporate Controller will design and execute best-in-class strategies, accounting processes, and controls to drive operational performance and lead the Company’s focus on fiduciary responsibilities.
You should possess exceptional skills to lead, develop and inspire the team, strong analytical skills, a high commitment to quality, an appreciation for process management, and be willing to be hands-on when necessary. You should also have a desire to influence outcomes, learn quickly in a dynamic, high-growth technology company, and be an in-demand partner throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of accounting, including the month-end close process, internal and external reporting, and implementation of accounting policies & procedures, processes, and internal controls necessary for GAAP standards and compliance
- Oversee the monthly financial close process to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting for a variety of complex business units and products
- Prioritize and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards of completeness and accuracy
- Ensure the development and adoption of strong accounting policies and procedures that comply with best practices
- Collaborate with Finance and other company operating groups to drive continuous improvement in internal control processes related to SOX, IPO readiness, and other statutory compliance programs
- Establish and own relationship with external auditors and be responsible for quarterly and annual audits while also acting as the key liaison for deliverables to the company Audit Committee
- Be the accounting and financial reporting subject matter expert. Provide guidance on relevant domestic and international regulations and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Lead efforts to design, build, and implement accounting processes at scale and develop efficiency and scalability across functional areas
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high-performing team
- Serve as a key advisor to the VP of Finance and other executives
- 10+ years of combined technical accounting experience in a public accounting and technology enterprise, including 5+ years of management and/or controller experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, US Big 4 audit experience, US CPA, SEC document preparation and review experience
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then oversee implementation of the relevant accounting treatment
- Track record of strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail and focus on accuracy and accountability
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and proven success in driving continuous process improvements
- Demonstrated experience in areas of revenue recognition, fixed assets, cost accounting, payroll, tax, and compliance with GAAP
Nice to Have
- Experience in the enterprise SaaS or any complex manufacturing industry
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence outcomes
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite; expertise with Oracle NetSuite preferred
- ERP implementation and post-implementation optimization experience preferred
- A solutions-oriented mindset, positive attitude, and ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing a high rate of growth and have 10x’d over the last 3 years.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and are growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- Generous and flexible paid time off policy.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.