We are seeking an experienced and talented Corporate Counsel to join our global legal team here at Xsolla! The chosen candidate will be responsible for creating legal documents for new business strategies and the legalities related to the implementation of new business ideas. If you are excited about a new challenge in the gaming industry with career growth opportunities, this role would be the right fit for you!
- Counsel on all legal issues and implications of potential business decisions, initiatives and payment strategies, providing legal advice, strategies, and solutions for general business and legal issues
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, immigration etc.)
- Maintaining current knowledge on laws and regulations around payment services and digital innovations
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Identify, summarize, and analyze the impact of new and proposed applicable rules and regulations to business decisions and current strategies
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and other documentation for new business ideas
- Working closely with business and technology teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Provide other legal services and advice to the company as needed
- Juris Doctorate and current license in good standing to practice in the state of California
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, whether at a law firm, in-house, or a combination of both
- Practical experience with laws and regulations around digital innovations; excellent attention to detail
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve and handle difficult challenges and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to self-motivate and work individually, as well as with a team
- Strong time management skills to closely monitor and track your own work, as you will be interfacing with an international team and time zone differences
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of general corporate law
- Excellent legal research, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, spot issues, prioritize, and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Familiarity with payment systems
Size and Complexity:
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and projects while maintaining a positive, professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to participate in special projects
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism
- Perform well on cross-functional project teams
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by its Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. Serving only the video game industry, the Xsolla Transaction Engine powers the full suite of cloud-based tools to promote and monetize projects, while Xsolla Business Engine provides clients with the roadmap to maximize those tools, and connect them with industry partnerships to expand their business. The two work seamlessly together — for businesses of all sizes, from indie to enterprise — to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so they can increase their audience, sales and revenue. Headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices worldwide, Xsolla operates as a merchant and seller of record for major gaming entities like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games and KRAFTON. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!