At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage a large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and work with the Klaviyo business teams to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing. Additionally, you will assist in supporting a variety of other legal matters, including data privacy, products and marketing as needed. The role calls for an independent thinker with strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills, the ability to resolve complex issues in an effective and solution-oriented manner, and the ability to manage multiple projects and transactions at the same time.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Structure, review, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial agreements including master services agreements, data processing agreements, service orders, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Partner closely with the procurement team on vendor contracts and the sales team on customer deals.
- Assist in building and improving form agreements and contracts processes.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements.
- Assist in developing, implementing and enhancing corporate policies and processes for compliance.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters as needed, including privacy, product support and marketing.
- Handle other special projects as assigned
Who You Are
- Juris Doctor – Graduation from A.B.A. accredited law school
- Active membership in at least one State Bar
- Minimum 3+ year(s) experience in negotiating complex, technology agreements with a cloud or software company, or in a top-tier law firm.
- Experience supporting privacy matters and products is a big plus
- Ambitious self-starter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented with a sense of humor.
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.