Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of solar finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination. And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado.
Wunder is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our commitment to equity is of course embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the programs we provide.
At Wunder, we have an incredible opportunity for a motivated and impact-driven lawyer with significant transaction and contract experience to join our growing Legal team. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve hard problems and support the proliferation of solar across the United States.
You will partner with our solar development teams to efficiently drive our transactions forward and serve as a Wunder contracts and transactions expert. Specifically, you will draft, negotiate, and manage contracts, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, advise on issues arising in underwriting, closing complex commercial transactions, and related policies and procedures, and guard against potential legal risks the company may face.
At Wunder we’re using technology and standardization to crack the multi-billion dollar commercial solar market wide open. If you get excited about diving into the details of real estate transactions, developing best-in-class and industry standard documentation, working with accomplished solar industry professionals, and joining a fast-paced, sophisticated team passionate about fighting climate change, then this role is for you.
- You’re a Commercial Real Estate Expert – You have 5+ years of relevant experience as a practicing lawyer, either at a larger firm or in an in-house capacity, with a focus on commercial real estate. You have experience drafting and negotiating commercial leases, addressing real estate issues in diligence, and closing commercial transactions Renewable/solar project development experience is nice to have, but not required.
- You’ve Closed Complex Transactions – You have experience closing complex commercial and/or real estate transactions, closed complex deals, negotiated transaction documents, and worked directly with external stakeholders to ensure all of the details needed to make the deal happen were covered
- You’re Autonomous – You know how to step into and manage complex transactions, quickly ramp up, identify and assess issues, manage your time across competing priorities, and take ownership over Legal responsibilities. You’re comfortable using technology and systems to drive projects forward quickly and efficiently.
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude – Wunder is a growing solar development company, and we close big deals and make a big impact. You get excited about scaling up transaction volume and processes, and addressing the associated challenges. You’re happy to jump on the phone with external stakeholders, fire off a bunch of emails, jump into a spreadsheet, redline a contract, and make a board presentation. A lot needs to get done, and there’s no room for ego here.
- You’re Extremely Detail Oriented – The quality of our data is paramount. You understand the necessity of accuracy, and you thrive off of checking the details not once, not twice, but three times. You take extreme pride in your work and only submit the highest quality of work for review.
- You have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. This isn’t a big bank or law firm where your responsibilities might be siloed; while you will work semi-autonomously, you’ll also need to work dynamically and cross-functionally.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there may be many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
- You’re Travel-Friendly – You have the ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel as needed (~10%).
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
Salary & Equity
The salary range for this role is $170,000 – $235,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the
Benefits & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team off-sites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication