Teachable is on a mission to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. (Examples of our Creators and their offerings can be found here, here and here.) We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable.
We are looking for a Course Design Manager to join our Education team. In 2021, we launched a new service targeting Creators with large followings. As part of this service, we work with these high potential Creators to build and launch a course. This means everything from marketing to curriculum design to lesson production. You will get to work with up-and-coming Creators in order to deliver meaningful learning experiences to their audiences.
Reporting to our Education leads, you will be responsible for owning the curriculum design and course production of various Creators. You will ensure that the courses you produce are of high quality and bring in meaningful revenue for your Creators. Since this is still a new team, you will be instrumental in helping the Education team establish meaningful processes and expand.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with creators to lay out a strategy for their course and help them decide what kind of course will fit their audience
- Lead the entire curriculum life cycle of the course and regularly meet with creators to update on progress and receive feedback
- Create curriculum outlines for creators’ courses
- Create script outlines for video based courses
- Travel to and lead video shoots for courses
- Create lesson plans for creators who lead live courses
- Create community outline and infrastructure for creators’ courses
Who You Are:
- 1+ year of consulting experience where you had extensive interaction with a client
- 1+ year of teaching experience (this can be online or in person)
- Experience managing multiple projects with various clients simultaneously
- Knowledge of best pedagogical practices for different learning mediums
- Curriculum development experience is a plus
- Videography experience is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.