Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Join us at www.community.com @incommunityAbout the Role and Your Impact
As Creative Director you’ll be responsible for managing our team of Art Directors and Brand Designers. You will guide the development and evolution of our brand as we grow and build out new creative functions to scale our team as business needs evolve. You will mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a Brand Studio servicing the entire company.
You will report to Community’s Vice President, Marketing and work cross-functionally with the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product and Partnerships teams. You thrive in a dynamic environment where change is not only expected but embraced for the opportunities it represents.
What You’ll Do
- Guide the development and evolution of our brand, voice, and strategy as Community evolves as a company and product.
- Manage a team of art directors, brand designers and copywriters leading them to deliver their best creative work and grow in their career.
- Identify and build out new functions to scale the team—whether it be hiring in-house or partnering with contractors/agencies.
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a marketing organization servicing the entire company.
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders at Community and setup processes for teams to engage and work with the creative team
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
- Share best practices and innovative creative solutions from the competitive landscape with a continuous pulse on current trends.
- Partner directly with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven advertising campaign programs, uplevel product launches, and more.
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback across product and brand design teams.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of relevant work in a creative field, with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in web, digital advertising, social, sales support, and campaigns.
- Experience developing and driving analytically rigorous online and offline marketing campaigns.
- Experience hiring, building, and scaling a design team across multiple functions.
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills experience working with executives and leaders.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching creative teams, as well as attracting new talent.
- A keen eye for detail and craft while also considering deadlines and constraints.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves when necessary.
- Familiarity with marketing technology platforms and operations.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.