Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
About the role
We are looking for a creative and empathetic Creative Director to join our Design team. You will be managing graphic and UI designers and responsible for bringing a creative vision to life in the form of first-class designs that showcase and advertise our brands and our products. You’ll be managing a team that conceptualizes, designs, and leads the development of high-quality creative work that drives our communications forward. We are looking forward for a Creative director passionate about tackling complex problems by crafting timeliness and unique design solutions.
This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of the financial world by defining how communities, organizations, and institutions worldwide learn about and interact with this new paradigm of digital-native assets.
What you will be doing:
- As a Creative Director, you will brainstorm, coordinate, and collaborate with creatives to contribute to the bigger-picture brand and product objectives.
- You will report to our Director of Design and ensure that creative campaigns are on-brand and harmonize with our organization-wide design strategy.
- From ideation to implementation, you will manage the creation of original ideas and compelling designs that are on-brand and industry-leading.
- You will be accountable for the successful execution of assigned projects across advertising, social and web-based channels.
- You will explore, problem solve and communicate creative ideas to stakeholders in visual explorations and inspiring presentations.
- Partner with Marketing to run experimental campaigns that deliver data-driven results to support the growth of our user base.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with short feedback loops, making reasoned prioritization choices alongside the Marketing team.
- Be involved in all decision-making at all project phases for your product area (including planning, strategic, tactical, QA, analysis, decision, shipping, and retro).
- Proactively identify blockers, opportunities, and improvements and institute lightweight and practical design processes for your team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, or related field preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience leading a team of independent, high-performing designers.
- An online portfolio showcasing your design and conceptual abilities.
- A creative and curious mind with great design aesthetics and a comprehensive understanding of the required steps in the creative process.
- Excellent experience with using Figma, Sketch, and other design applications.
- The ability to lead and collaborate as part of a team, handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and manage conflicting requirements from different stakeholders.
- Have some unique combination of the following: creative, humble, detail-oriented, self-aware, curious, thoughtful, and tenacious.
- Humble to embrace better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
- A genuine passion for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is a plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: