Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Creative Strategist!
Why it matters: Our Smart Brevity Studio team is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Creative Strategist to develop pre-sale concepts for our branded projects. This addition will help us grow the Studio’s product offerings and value.
The details: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Researching and writing pitches for a variety of branded products including, but not limited to: video, infographics, data visualizations, web destinations, articles and podcasts
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Strategy to develop a creative and holistic vision for integrated campaigns
- Designing and/or collaborating on client-facing decks
- Communicating campaign elements and goals to internal stakeholders
- Successfully combining Axios editorial best practices with the messaging goals of our advertising partners
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing innovative, sellable digital and in-person campaigns for advertisers
- Knowledge of other brand studios and a POV on competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Extremely collaborative, open to feedback, with good listening skills
- Organized and able to work independently in a remote environment
- Experience with Google Slides; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund,” which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.