Guru helps teams build and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome a Customer Education Specialist to the team. The Customer Education Specialist helps develop Guru’s burgeoning customer education program, which in turn empowers our customers to realize the value we provide through our self-serve Guru Academy. The courses and training produced by the Customer Education Specialist impacts key business outcomes like trial conversion rates, feature adoption, account expansion rates, and renewals. Delivering impactful education is also core to Guru’s mission and supports our core value of Seeking and Sharing Knowledge.
- Create and collaborate on multi-media, interactive, highly engaging instructional content in various formats (e.g., written, voiceover, video, diagram, slide presentation)
- Write and edit instructional content—primarily video scripts—while collaborating with Technical Writer(s)
- Design, plan, and host instructor-led (in-person and virtual) lessons which can be adapted into full courses and learning paths for our various learners (customers)
- Develop creative ways to integrate learning in our product experience, leveraging Guru’s unique capabilities and built-in learning opportunities
- Create certification exams based on learning and performance objectives
- Analyze usage data, behavior, and internal and external feedback, and make iterative improvements to bolster outcomes that align to supporting company goals
- Proactively solicit internal and external feedback on projects, before and after delivery, to ensure the highest quality output possible with a focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other teams (e.g., Product, Brand, Customer Success & Support, Sales) in developing and rolling out learning projects, and share key results and take-aways
- Assist with management and administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) with team members
- Ability to implement common pedagogical practices, including Understanding by Design principles and the ADDIE framework
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in customer education and/or training, or a related field, ideally at a SaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to create educational videos with appropriate software (Camtasia, ScreenFlow, etc.) from start to finish, including maintenance to account for ongoing UI / UX changes.
- Demonstrated passion for learning, inside and outside of work
- Outcome oriented, always keeping in mind and seeking clarity on goals and key results
- Proactively solicit and welcome constructive feedback, and iterate quickly
- Organized and efficient — you take on complex projects and manage them from start to finish
- Are an effective cross-functional teammate
- Can distill complex research and ideas into clear, concise and differentiated copy
- Understand product positioning and value propositions, and can effectively frame learning content and messaging through the lens of how the learner will benefit and realize the value Guru promises
- Have grace under pressure and can hit deadlines
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.