At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re building Fresh Card, a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re hiring for a Customer Experience Associate to lead our customer interactions for Fresh Card, ensuring an incredible customer experience for all of our users. The right person for this role has a can-do attitude, a zeal for excellent customer service, and deep empathy for low-income Americans.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- A 40-hour a week position with paid overtime and full benefits
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote work available through end of 2020)
- Exciting opportunity to help build this function from the ground up
What you’ll do:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our users through various channels (email, text, phone)
- Provide insights based on these interactions to other team members.
- Build, execute and iterate on various recurring tasks to improve overall customer experience – this can be anything from bug investigations to operationalizing incentives.
- Monitor customer activities and investigate operational issues as they arise, escalating as needed.
What you have:
- 1-3 years experience in a customer experience / customer support role
- Significant experience with Zendesk or another CRM
- Experience at a fintech or consumer tech company is a plus!
- Beginner Excel skills preferred
- Experience analyzing data and identifying trends and patterns
- Intellectually curious and quick to pick up new skills/technologies.