Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome a Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager to be a critical part of our Community Learning and Love team. As part of a cross-functional, highly collaborative team, you will lead our efforts to develop, test, and optimize scaled customer lifecycle marketing campaigns, with a heavy emphasis on email marketing, designed to increase retention and product use across Guru’s customer base.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and find opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more efficiently as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance for all teammates, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize life and work are increasingly intertwined more than ever.
This job is not only about how well you develop lifecycle campaigns; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Ownership of the end-to-end customer journey for one or more of Guru’s key customer segments
- Develop and optimize campaigns to drive paid conversion, adoption, retention, and expansion of Guru, with a primary focus on highly targeted, behavior-triggered email campaigns
- Build strategy, systems and execution plan, and vision for the most effective ways to communicate key benefits of Guru at the relevant stages of the customers’ lifecycle across channels (e.g., in-product, virtual events, email) – and help us make it a reality.
- Collaborate with our Brand Studio and Content teams; be a brand steward, ensuring the voice, tone, and visual aesthetics of our brand are consistently represented throughout customer journey communications
- Collaborate with our business intelligence team to leverage and analyze customer data, including product usage and campaign engagement analytics, to find opportunities for improving customer experience and to create highly targeted segments and communication paths — ensuring messages are sent to the right people, at the right time, through the right channel
- Measure the impact of customer messaging programs, report on findings, optimize and test existing campaigns, and propose new high-impact campaigns
- 3-5 years of marketing experience with a focus on scaled (high volume), highly personalized marketing channels (e.g., email, in-product messaging), ideally in B2B SaaS
- Direct experience using Intercom email, Pendo, Iterable, or similar messaging systems
- Basic ability of CSS and HTML
- Data-driven, inquisitive, and experienced using multichannel marketing to drive customer delight and habitual product use
- Strong writing skills – ability to craft compelling marketing copy that sells and inspires action
- Outcome oriented, always keeping in mind and seeking clarity on goals and key results
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations – ask the right questions and seek out the answers
- Proactively solicit and welcome constructive feedback, and iterate quickly
- Organized and efficient — you take on complex projects and own them from start to finish
- Strong understanding of databases and SQL a plus
- Proficiency in key applications we currently use: Intercom, Mode Analytics, Pendo, Salesforce, Hubspot, Asana
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.