SailPoint Customer Marketing Manager *Remote – US only*
SailPoint’s customer marketing team plays an integral role in educating our market on identity security done right. We give our customers a platform to share their success and build personal brand recognition. As part of the Corporate Communications Team, we are laser focused on documenting the customer journey, communicating effectively with our customers and infusing examples of customer success across all marketing and sales channels. We are seeking a marketer with experience developing and driving customer advocacy programs, including executive level engagements. This person will be responsible for putting SailPoint customers at the center of strategic marketing initiatives. These programs will showcase some of our largest customer brands and C-level advocates in new and compelling ways, demonstrating thought leadership as well as the value and business transformation that these organizations achieve with SailPoint.
This role will own an array of customer marketing programs that drive customer content strategy. The individual will balance strategic thinking with tactical execution – considering what the current customer journey is and where it should be headed. The role will be external facing and cross functional in nature. You will be responsible for communicating and documenting the customer journey through digital, web, social, analyst and presentation content. You will own the development, execution, and analysis of these programs. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with world-class marketers and thought leaders in identity security.
The ideal candidate has a passion for people, is goal oriented and has experience working with SaaS customers. We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter that can work cross functionally with our marketing colleagues, customer success, professional services, executive, sales enablement and partner teams. The ability to write content for various channels (web, blog, email, social and PPT) and create program plans, tracking and communicating progress along the way and executing to goal is a must. We need someone with strong communication and presentation skills and who will be comfortable moving between high-level strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Enablement, Customer Success, Reference and Product Management and PR teams to infuse the customer journey in our internal and external initiatives
- Work closely with demand generation to make sure our customer journeys are front and center in our campaigns
- Develop and nurture strong working relationships with executive customers for mutually beneficial relationships
- Be a content creator and strategist. Research, plan, and develop a pipeline of global thought leadership content and stories in partnership with strategic customers including but not limited to written and video content for web, collateral, presentation, customer award submission and communication copy
- Manage and grow our customer speaker bureau, recruiting our advocate customers to speak at events and programs, to the media, analysts, and consultants
- Grow the marketing referral program. You’ll drive customer participation in the ‘Admiral’s Club working closely with the reference team
Qualifications & Background:
- Strong communication, writing, and storytelling skills with the ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging; ability to write in a simple, direct, and friendly tone.
- Proven ability to develop deep relationships and influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence. Experience managing multiple stakeholders and senior executives, both internally and externally, to develop and execute marketing programs
- Demonstrated success leading marketing innovation, including the development and execution of customer-focused marketing and/or communications initiatives
- Strong affinity for working in deep collaboration with customers to understand their unique challenges and goals, and to partner closely to make them successful
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate internal teams to find efficient and effective solutions cross functionally
- Results oriented to dramatically grow business results
- Strong project management and organizational skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and the greater team
- Innovative – Enjoys generating new ideas to push the boundaries of marketing
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing or a Communications role
- Bachelor’s Degree required
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.