***YOU MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES, HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD OR LONG TERM VISA TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION***
YOU CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US FOR THIS POSITION IDEALLY WITHIN THE EST AND CST TIME ZONE.
ARE YOU READY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUTURE OF HOW LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN COMPANIES INCLUDING 3PLS, DIGITAL FORWARDERS, SHIPPERS AND SAAS PROVIDERS INTEGRATE WITH TRADING PARTNERS?
Chain.io is the modern supply chain data network. Chain’s clients leverage their pre-built adapters to connect your systems to your customers, suppliers, carriers and more. Chain.io is one of the fastest growing supply chain and logistics technology software companies and has developed an industry leading serverless logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Digital Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with trading partners.
- Clients connect their ERP, TMS, WMS, BI platform or other systems to Chain.io’s cloud based logistics integration software platform and Chain.io handles communicating with the world.
- Whether their client’s system communicates in legacy EDI, flat files, XML or the latest and greatest JSON APIs, Chain.io has the solution to solve the problem.
- Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to best practice based integration solutions for sharing purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more.
- Chain.io handles all the complexities of transforming messages to the trading partners’ preferred formats.
The Chain.io Platform is the Key to a Client’s Success
- Chain.io’s team of supply chain experts has spent decades learning industry best practices inside logistics, retail and software companies to build the ideal software platform.
- Chain.io then took that knowledge and built an industry-best integration platform from the ground up to solve the unique challenges of the supply chain industry.
- The platform reduces complexity and allows a client to configure connections for common integrations like Purchase Orders, Bookings, ASNs and Invoices with a simple point and click interface.
- With pre-built interfaces to common TMS’s, booking platforms, accounting tools, and eCommerce shopping carts, integrations can be set up in as little as 10 minutes.
Challenges and Issues that the Chain.io Platform Solves
- Companies building their own software – As a software product company, we understand how hard it is to balance product enhancements with custom client integration works. With the Chain.io OEM program, we build a one time set of integrations to SaaS or installed applications and then handle all aspects of integrating to customers software.
- Companies dealing with challenges around APIs, XML, EDI, JSON – Chain.io’s any-to-any model extracts the key business concepts like bill of lading numbers, INCO terms and part numbers into a standard industry-wide data structure that we can then output in your trading partner’s preferred format even if it’s nothing like the data you originally provided.
- Companies building EDI and API Integrations on their own – All of Chain.io’s customers benefit from the common integrations they’ve built to many industry leading solutions. By running on Chain.io’s cloud platform, clients can leverage the technology to quickly onboard new customers and trading partners without the typical integration project headaches.
- Custom Integrations – Chain.io’s microservice architecture allows them to build single use integration endpoints and even fully customized business processes.
Chain.io Technology Stack and Platform Overview
Chain.io uses the latest serverless cloud technologies to build integrations faster. Those technologies are built into our three core application layers: Flow, Hub, and Vault and are built using AWS Lambda, Node, Jest, CircleCI, React, Terraform, Blockchain and other technologies.
- Flow allows you to quickly and efficiently communicate fast moving data between multiple internal and external systems.
- With an event based architecture and the same data integrity protections that apply to Hub, Flow is all about getting data to the right people in the right format at the right time.
- Flow is the ideal solution for things like Advanced Shipment Notices, Inventory updates, IOT data streams, Shipment status updates, eCommerce orders and deliveries.
- Hub is our supply chain data store. It’s perfect for storing data that will be referenced across multiple supply chain transactions and systems.
- By combining a consistent, canonical data model with the ability to communicate with your systems in their own language, each system to communicate in its own unique language, Hub is the perfect central repository to address data quality and consistency across disparate platforms.
- Flow becomes the ideal solution for things including Product master data, Purchase orders, Harmonized tariff and other compliance data, Supplier and trading partner profiles.
- Vault is long term storage, powered by the blockchain.Vault is Chain.io’s long term store for critical documents and supply chain data.
- Backed by the Ethereum blockchain, Vault captures unalterable timestamps and allows for document integrity verification years after the document is added.
- Vault becomes the ideal solution for things including, Proof of Delivery, Customs records, Temperature control data, Social and environmental compliance reports and Trading partner EDI archiving.
You will be working with the chain.io external customers to get down to exactly what is needed to solve tier 1 support issues, and be able to gather requirements and collaborate for tier 2/3 support problems. The position will have a strong emphasis on helping solve external customer support issues.
- Zendesk / help desk ticketing system experience / IT support experience.
- Strong familiarity with data integrations is very important to be successful.
- Experience working in a SaaS company where you work, manage and execute tickets is extremely important.
- Communicate and document customers’ needs and be able to communicate with customers to find resolutions.
- 1st level customer support and helping customers to a degree with basic configurations and data problems.
- Being able to triage tickets and identify appropriate resources for customer resolution.
- Being able to identify and document customers needs and relay that information to engineers and BAs.
- Sound knowledge in JSON, XML, Flat files and or/or communication protocols such as API and SFTP preferred.
- Logistics / Supply Chain background not needed, but would be beneficial in helping diagnose and resolve problems.
- You must have an IT Bachelor’s degree, Masters and IT/ Help Desk certification is preferred.
- You must have 3 to 6 years’ experience in a Helpdesk and / or Customer Service environment in a software, hi-tech, supply chain or logistics company is preferred.
- Supply Chain and Logistics domain experience is recommended, but not necessary.
- You must have very effective telephone, email and Zoom skills and communication skills.
- You must have a strong ability to make sound decisions based on logical reasoning.
- Strong commitment to team concept and working collaboratively with team members.
- Effective problem determination and listening skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment.
Process for Interviewing
- Please submit your resume by clicking “I’m Interested”
- If you don’t have a resume, but are interested and meet the requirements, send an email to mbertoni @chain.io or respond to one of our messages to you over email or LinkedIn.
- Phone Interview by Michael C. Bertoni – Chief Recruiting Officer for Chain.io
- Phone Interview with Chain.io team members
Chain.io Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Headquarters at 1518 Walnut Street in Philadelphia and is situated in one of the best areas of Philadelphia / Rittenhouse Square and can be easily accessed from SEPTA trains to Suburban Station, SEPTA buses and PATCO.
- Our salary is extremely competitive based on prior skills and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for occasional conferences and professional development.