Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Notify customer-facing teams when an incident occurs with initial details. Continue to keep customer-facing teams informed as the incident progresses.
- Coordinate responses and field questions for customer-facing team members while an incident is ongoing. At times, this may include partnering with Auth0 Marketing and Social teams.
- Collaborate with Support on timely updates to our status page.
- Interact with technical incident response teams to gather details on incident impact, progress, time to resolution, and other information which will help inform customers and internal customer-facing teams.
- Track and coordinate any post-incident follow-up including service credits.
- Write and deliver external Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports including routing RCA through review and approval processes within SLA.
- Track and report on incident data, SLA requests and amount, and other customer experience-related incident metrics that may be identified.
- Assess incidents to identify trends both from the product and customer experience side. Updating processes as needed to improve customer experience and/or gain efficiencies.
- Attend weekly incident review calls with Engineering.
- Track Incident Mitigation Actions/Action items. Update high severity RCAs every two weeks with status of Mitigation Action/Action Items.
- This role involves on-call responsibilities with a 24/7 on-call with a week off following. On-call schedules are subject to change.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Deep understanding of software operations, preferably across modern SaaS or systems development environments, which will help you ramp up quickly in our business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as writing sensitive customer-facing documents is an important part of the role.
- Ability to preemptively consider and address likely customer questions and concerns.
- Strategic thinker. One of our core values (N+1 > N) is to encourage and promote innovation by all team members.
- We are scaling rapidly and being self-motivated, a quick learner, fast researcher will help you thrive in our fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Strong prioritization skills and bias for action. Things move quickly which creates a need for swift decisions and managing competing priorities.
- Utilize questions to clarify priorities, drive sustainable problem solving and uncover gaps. Provide clarity on projects with a significant amount of uncertainty in scope and definition.
- We are a distributed workforce; therefore being comfortable in a remote working environment will help you thrive.
- Desire to work with a great team, want to be challenged, and be part of a company who will invest in you.