Timescale is looking for a Customer Success Manager who will help our customers take our category-defining time-series database and other new products from trial to production (and beyond). This role will focus on our cloud offerings and support customers from a North American/South American timezone to ensure appropriate coverage around the globe!
As a member of Timescale’s Customer Care team, you will partner with our customers to drive Timescale adoption, engagement, and services consumption – as well as demonstrate ongoing value customized for customers’ needs. This critical function is responsible for onboarding new customers, driving ongoing adoption, and ensuring long-term success and expansion. You will act as the “face” of Timescale to our customers, with your days spent uncovering new ways to help them do amazing things with technology and continue on their time-series journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and make a big difference in the success of our customers, now and in the future.
- Drive conversion, retention, and expansion among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs, defining success criteria, and helping them achieve their goals
- Develop a communication cadence with customers to stay in the know about adoption trends, sentiment, and overall account health
- Uncovering opportunities for deeper engagement expansion opportunities
- Motivate customers to act as Timescale advocates (e.g., securing testimonials, case studies, and other references)
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support trial customers, conversions, and expansion opportunities (e.g., engineering, product, marketing, etc.)
- Provide actionable feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements (Voice of the Customer)
- Work with accounts of all sizes, from our largest customers to up-and-coming startups
- Experience as a Customer Success, Relationship Management, or similar role
- Ability to learn and explain technical infrastructure, concepts, and data products
- A passion for developers and the things they build
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive adoption and renewals
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail oriented
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals: you’re passionate about making our customers look good!
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Ability to work well independently and remotely
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)