Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $91,500 – $125,400
As a customer success manager at Merit, you will join a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our partners and customer base. Customer loyalty and building close long-term relationships are your top priorities, as well as looking out for Merit’s partners’ business and suggesting innovative ways to keep them successful and participating in customer support tasks including identifying and anticipating customer needs.
In addition, you will work with other Merit teams such as the Data team and Product to ensure the proper data points are collected for structured reporting and deliver reports to the partner. You will work closely with Merit engineers to ensure that Customer Support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our partners and customers with everything needed for success.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Act as a Merit expert and bridge the gap between sales teams and support teams
- Onboarding new partners and customers
- Work with partners and customers to ensure they’re receiving the tools and support needed to achieve their goals
- Understand the needs of partners and customers and seek to ensure the team adds improvements that best address those needs
- Anticipate and proactively create solutions for partners and customers
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and customers
- Identify and communicate internally the problems that affect multiple partners and customers and forecast what those trends mean for Merit
- Deliver reports to partners and customers as outlined in service contracts
- Onboard partners and customers onto Merit and provide the training for all other systems or tools for the partnership to be successful
- Play a key role in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues for partners and customers.
- 2+ years experience in a Customer, Technical, and/or Sales Support role
- Expertise with automation systems: Zapier, ITTT, Automate.io, Power Automate
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets, and Excel
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience presenting
- Propensity for relationship building
- Ability to multitask effectively and follow through on tasks
- Technical training on integrated web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adept at communicating benefits and managing conflict where it arises
- Highly motivated, values-driven Customer Support team player with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering against short and long term objectives
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Detail and data-oriented with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Availability 5:30am – 11:30pm Eastern and/or Western (Rotating)
- Willingness and ability to work a modified week or rotating on-call weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Collaboration first approach. A strong team player who is able to manage input from multiple stakeholders and foster alignment to identify and deliver the most effective and impactful solutions for the collective
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to quickly identify problems, assess accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate potential resolutions, and to make thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent communication skills. Talent for expressing information to both individuals and groups efficiently and effectively using multiple communication pathways. Able to take into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial) and adjust communication accordingly. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly deescalate frustration
- An eye for detail. A drive to approach all work in a thorough and conscientious manner with the goal of fully understanding scope
- Best in class customer service. A welcoming and supportive professional presence for all employees and a strong ability to assess individual needs, provide information or assistance to resolve issues or satisfy expectations, calmly and firmly set issues back on track, and show a strong commitment to providing excellent support
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.