Customer Success Manager
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science platform, which we aim to make available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains, and generally work in R and Python.
The goal of our Customer Success team is to partner with our customers to drive adoption and predictable outcomes with RStudio’s professional products, leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy. To retain business, the Customer Success team seeks proactively to eliminate barriers to the adoption of our enterprise products and demonstrate ongoing value. To increase adoption, the team regularly uses knowledge of open source data science and our professional products to equip our customers with the latest skills, in turn creating a natural demand for RStudio’s professional products.
As we grow, we are looking to add a Customer Success Manager to this talented and dedicated team. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Driving retention and increased adoption of RStudio Professional products among customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed
- Educating users and decision-makers on RStudio products
- Partnering with our Solutions Engineering team to ensure a successful roll-out of RStudio’s professional products at customers
- Maintain a cadence of communication with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and opportunities for deeper engagement
- Identifying opportunities for customers to act as RStudio advocates (e.g., testimonials, case studies)
- Marshalling resources across the RStudio organization as needed to escalate customer issues and support customers needs
- Representing the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Finally, because of RStudio’s position within the R community, you’ll continue to learn about, contribute to, and be a champion of R, open-source data science, RStudio, and our community’s unique culture.
- You have previous experience in a similar role managing enterprise accounts
- You have used R and/or Python in your job or in an academic setting
- You are interested in a non-traditional and deeply technical sales role involving R and RStudio’s professional products
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-volume environment that will naturally have ambiguities and competing priorities
- It’s a strong plus if you have been a part of or contributed to the R or RStudio communities through in-person meetups, conferences, workshops, events, electronic forums, or direct open-source development
- You have an awareness of the latest trends in the broader data science field and may have experience in other analytic software (such as Python, MATLAB, SAS, or SPSS)
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work
- You are humble and collaborate well with other people. You thrive in team settings and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.