Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
This is a key client-facing role within Elastic’s Customer Success organization, focusing on our Chicago and North-Central US based customers in territory. Taking ownership of the customer lifecycle, from onboarding to renewal, ultimately driving loyalty and advocacy, you will be responsible for managing customer expectations and acting as a ‘quarterback’ across the organization to deliver the best value for customers.
Utilizing existing processes and technologies (Gainsight, SFDC, etc.) you will be an active team player among your peers of Customer Success Managers to deliver amazing customer experiences and maximize value realization from Elastic solutions. Ensuring customers’ business objectives are achieved and value is created and communicated through full utilization of features for customer-specific use cases.
In this role, you will not only act as the voice of the customer within the organization, but you will directly support sellers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity to ensure partnership on Elastic achieving revenue growth goals, you are a critical component of Elastic ‘making the number’. Ultimately focused the creation and execution of adoption strategies to ensure retention and expansion of Elastic solutions for Elastic’s highest value customer accounts.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! While this position is remote, our ideal candidate is based in Chicago-area and surrounding locations in Central Time.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Achieving a target renewal rate, with quarterly and annual goals as set by the Customer Success Leadership team.
- Championing customer solutions across the Elastic organization, shepherding customers to appropriate support channels and teams.
- Identifying ‘at risk’ customers to mitigate churn and leverage response strategies across your book of accounts.
- Staying up to date on key industry and market trends to help customers implement OVP strategies in response.
- Developing customer value realization plans to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Building deep relationships with key customer stakeholders across all of your accounts.
- Serving as a strategic advisor for other Customer Success Managers, sharing best practices from Elastic’s highest value customers.
- Implementing customer loyalty and advocacy programs to influence account expansion and ultimately drive new business through referrals.
- Identifying key opportunities for account growth, and partnering with Sellers to provide insights on customer health – focusing on adoption, expansion opportunities, and renewals.
- Ensuring day to day execution of overall vision and strategy of the Elastic strategic objectives.
What You Bring Along:
- 2+ years of customer success experience, relationship management, account management, or consulting role preferably within a SaaS or software organization
- Client management experience, preferably in a multi-vendor environment for a non-essential solution
- Deep understanding of SaaS or software customer needs and technology trends.
- Proven track record “making the number” – achieving attainment goals
- Ability to understand contractual nuances and implications of changes to contractual language
- Experience executing complex renewals and closures, preferably in multi-year agreements
- Excellent communication skills, experience in a virtual client services environment.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly changing market
- Capacity to not only understand key KPIs but ability to adjust behaviors to meet them
- Proactive and positive approach to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $124,200 and $170,800, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.