TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About The Role
The Operations department supports a community of thousands of Taskers and Clients to meet marketplace demand, educate users, and exceed customer expectations around the globe. This organization includes Customer Support, Business Operations, Trust and Safety, Tasker Success, Marketplace Health, and Facilities operations teams.
As the Manager of Customer Support for North America, you will report to the Director of Customer Support and will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and driving Customer Operations KPIs and other performance goals to align with the business vision and needs of the communities we support. You will directly manage a team of Customer Support Supervisors leading in-house support teams as well as owning the partnership with our outsourced vendors executing work for North American customer support. You will be responsible for overseeing a network of upwards of 200 agents globally.
The successful candidate will be a strong people-leader focused on building engaged & passionate teams within a culture of performance and accountability. In this role, you will work closely with a team of other Support and Operations leaders including Workforce Operations, Training & Development, Business Operations, European Operations and others cross-functionally to implement new initiatives and improve existing processes.
We’re looking for someone who is adept at defining & driving KPIs, thrives on developing leaders, learns by getting close to customers on a daily basis and is passionate about our mission to revolutionize everyday work, and eager to work collaboratively with a developing team of operational leaders in building world-class global customer experiences.
Drive Customer Support teams solving for quality, consistency & efficiency
- Work closely with our Customer Support leadership team to develop new strategies to improve customer support experiences.
- Make final hiring decisions for the North American Customer Support in-house teams.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Supervisors to successfully execute on goals and grow professionally.
- Handle high profile and executive escalations, be the face of our Customer Support.
- Collaborate with cross functional Operations leaders to improve service delivery.
- Understand the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z
- Define & execute clear, measurable goals both short and long term to level up our customer support.
- Assign and manage resources effectively across teams.
- Exhibit stellar leadership skills with proven performance management experience in coaching & developing direct reports to excellence.
- Strong communication and initiative – you act as a thought leader, engaging in dialogue around customer-facing issues.
Manage through data insights
- Possess a natural curiosity for problem-solving and find specific answers in big data.
- Juggle multiple metrics across your teams to identify emerging trends or issues as well as build and execute plans to address those trends.
- Communicate findings and insights clearly and succinctly to senior leaders.
- Be an excellent public speaker and motivator, able to work effectively with a wide breadth of audiences.
- Maintain expert knowledge of call center metrics and what drives the variables.
- Create and monitor dashboards to track team performance.
- Capable of understanding the ways in which Customer Support Performance impacts Company Level KPI’s through modeling, predictive analysis, etc.
Requirements: Past Experience/Desired Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years managing a customer service team in an omni channel environment. Preference for candidates who have had this experience at a technology-enabled B2C company. Previous front-line experience as a customer service agent is a must.
- Prior outsourcing vendor experience, leading a workforce extension model of partnership.
- Experience growing a customer service function: hiring great teams, launching new geographies/offices, launching new service channels.
- Inspirational leader: You have a track record for being a strong people manager. You can get a very large, disparate group of people all on the same working towards a common goal.
- Innovative in approach: You can adapt your experience and approach to the nuances of our business and identify new ways of getting things done.
- Comfort with technology: We are a technology startup and Customer Service success is dependent on collaboration with our product teams and developers.
- A cross-functional whizz with a level-headed temperament and the ability to make quick judgments and defend decisions.
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems.
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions-oriented when solving them.
- Possess a high level of demonstrated accountability, drive and integrity.
- Thrive in a feedback-rich environment and actively seek out opportunities to improve through a strong growth mindset.
- Unmistakable love and passion for TaskRabbit and the sharing economy.
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.