Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $59,500 – $85,350
As a customer support representative at Merit, you will join a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our customer base. You will contribute to standard customer support tasks including answers and troubleshooting technical questions from users and developers. In addition, you will focus on the creation and maintenance of the data connections and tools required for the customer support team to address customer needs quickly and with context. You will work closely with Merit engineers to ensure that Customer Support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our customers with the best possible support.
- Problem solving efficiently with customers through different communication channels such as email, text, phone, live chat, video calls, and messenger apps
- Contribute technical knowledge and perspective to the customer support team and drive diagnosis and trouble-shooting for technical support and user issues
- Provide frontline technical support for users
- Create, maintain, and monitor data connections between Merit systems
- Own communication between Customer Support, data and engineering teams for technical bugs, upcoming changes, and any other issues
- Maintain support level agreement team goals and escalate when the goals are not achievable
- Contribute to a customer-obsessed team and company-wide culture that empowers customers, members and partners to maximize the value they derive from Merit in a repeatable and scalable way
- Describe all functions, features, and details of our products and services to our customers
- Maintain assigned tickets in a standard support workflow
- Analyze and report product malfunctions
- Maintain communication with multidisciplinary teams to ensure correct paths are available for the escalation of incoming inquiries
- Support maintenance of a documented knowledge base to meet internal and customer needs and to steadily improve the standardization and efficiency of our support function
- Represent the voice of our customer base and bring useful insights to help our teams better understand how our customers experience our products and services
- Help us establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer support
- 2+ years experience in a Customer, Technical, and/or Sales Support role
- Experience with automation systems: Zapier, ITTT, Automate.io, Power Automate
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets, Excel, or both
- Ability to multitask effectively and follow through on tasks
- Technical training on integrated web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Adept at communicating benefits and managing conflict where it arises
- Highly motivated, values-driven Customer Support team player with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering against short and long term objectives
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Detail and data-oriented with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Availability 5:30am – 11:30pm Eastern and/or Western (Rotating)
- Willingness and ability to work a modified week or rotating on-call weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Active Listening
- Positive Vocabulary
- Managing Ambiguity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Follow-up Questioning