Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for someone to join our growing Customer Support team! Putting our customers at the heart of everything is one of the key Hotjar values, so you’ll help us continue to deliver outstanding support.
Reporting to one of our Customer Support Leads, you’ll take care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the reactive support they need to be successful using our product. You’ll also work on projects to evolve our customer experience, report insights back to our Product teams and keep our documentation updated as the tool evolves.
You’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver, keen to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work – with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
We invest a lot in developing our support team, so this is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Support our customers through Zendesk
- Troubleshoot customer websites using our available tool suite, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Developer Tools
- Our internal debugging plugin
- Update our internal knowledge base on Guru and contribute to department initiatives around knowledge sharing
- Help quickly spot customer experience patterns and escalate them as appropriate. Some examples are:
- Bug tracking
- Feature request logging
- Help shape internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our response times
- Collaborate with other departments including Product, Legal, Marketing and Customer Success
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team to plan and execute projects including, but not limited to:
- Writing articles on our Help Center
- Assisting with Zendesk macros and general maintenance of our instance
- Creating and supporting our existing workflows and automations in Slack, Zapier, and other tools
- Contributing to larger projects that support our vision and the pillars of our department
- Excellent tone of voice and communication skills. You must be fluent and eloquent in written and spoken English (other languages are a bonus!).
- Knack for taking technical language and making it understandable for the general public.
- Experience in a customer-facing role or a troubleshooting environment.
- An intense intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to share knowledge with others.
- Natural at problem-solving – with a huge range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €45,000 to €60,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €50,000 to €55,000. Our ranges are established after performing market research and the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.