Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $137,000 – $157,000
As a Customer Support team manager at Merit, you will manage a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our customer base. You will manage customer support teams including training new team members, managing team schedules, monitoring trends in performance, conducting ongoing training, supporting the professional growth and satisfaction of team members, and acting as an escalation point for team and customer questions. In addition, you will focus on the creation and maintenance of the data connections and tools required for the customer support team to address customer needs quickly and with context. You will work closely with the Head of Customer Success to ensure that Customer Support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our customers with the best possible support.
- Supervise the daily operations of assigned Customer Support teams
- Collaborate with Customer Success Leadership on setting clear long term team mission and goals and deploy strategies to achieve success
- Set customer support goals for team members and help them reach those goals
- Meet regularly with direct reports to support employee satisfaction, growth, and team cohesion
- Promote a high level of transparency to ensure all direct reports have the information and support they need to succeed
- Develop and adhere to support procedures, policies and standards including maintenance of assigned tickets in a standard support workflow
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly reports and surveys
- Interact with customers and handle customer queries and complaints through to resolution in a timely manner
- Take ownership of customer support team issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Keep accurate records and document customer support actions and discussions
- Report on customer support team performances and work towards goals
- Stay current on industry trends and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Problem solve efficiently with team members and customers through different communication channels such as email, text, phone, live chat, video calls, and messenger apps
- Coordinate communication between Customer Support, Data, Program Management, and Engineering teams for technical bugs, upcoming changes, and any other issues
- Maintain communication with multidisciplinary teams to ensure correct paths are available for the escalation of incoming inquiries
- Analyze and report product malfunctions
- Support maintenance of a documented knowledge base to meet internal and customer needs and to steadily improve the standardization and efficiency of our support function
- Represent the voice of our customer base and bring useful insights to help our teams better understand how our customers experience our products and services
- 7+ years experience in a Customer, Technical, Management, and/or Sales Support role
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Experience with automation systems: Zapier, ITTT, Automate.io, Power Automate
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets, Excel, or both
- Ability to multitask effectively and follow through on tasks
- Technical training on integrated web applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Adept at communicating benefits and managing conflict where it arises
- Coaching and mentoring skills with dedication and enthusiasm to support success and growth of direct reports
- Highly motivated, values-driven Customer Support team player with high energy, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated success in consistently delivering against short and long term objectives
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally Detail and data-oriented with proven ability to drive multiple projects forward simultaneously
- Availability 5:30am – 11:30pm Eastern and/or Western 7 days a week (Rotating)
- Willingness and ability to work a modified week or rotating on-call weekends
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Active Listening
- Positive Vocabulary
- Managing Ambiguity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Follow-up Questioning
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Patience, compassion and empathy
- A passion for customer satisfaction
- Readiness to learn
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.