Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine’s largest network in the United States, there’s an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don’t take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
As a Data Analyst, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other analysts, engineers, and product managers in discovering data insights to help improve healthcare.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Here is an introduction to our tech stack
- We use UNIX command-line interface and standard programming tools (vim/emacs, git, etc.) and have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we’re currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
- Leverage Doximity’s extensive datasets to identify and classify behavioral patterns of medical professionals on our platform.
- Play a key role in creating both product and client-facing analytics.
- Inform data team strategy by working with the product leaders and managers. Actively participate in execution and some planning of organizational data team strategy.
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts, and other developers to define and lead data projects from data ingestion to analysis to recommendations.
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a data analyst or a data scientist.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, especially exploratory data analysis techniques, and probability theory.
- Excellent SQL skills to create and evaluate complex statements involving numerous tables and data relationships.
- Excellent visualization and storytelling skills to explain your results and solutions to the stakeholders, clearly and compellingly.
- Proficient in using Python data analysis libraries such as Pandas and Numpy. Also has a basic understanding of the object-oriented programming concepts as it relates to Python.
- Prior exposure to distributed data processing concepts and execution (e.g., working with column stores, leveraging spark, etc.)
- Fast learner; curiosity about and passion for data.
- Doximity has industry-leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.