The Data Team at Babylist powers data-driven decision making through all aspects of the company’s business. We are not a service team. We are a product function with a strong focus on 3 core aspects of data — engineering, analysis and data science. We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our small and growing team.
The Data Analyst will work directly with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Engineering and Operations to both help us understand the health of the existing business but more importantly, to identify new opportunities for growth. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to have a deep business impact while honing their craft as an analytics professional.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop core data team products (e.g. dashboards, reports, analyses)
- Work directly with stakeholders to translate questions and hypotheses into structured analysis
- Effectively present and communicate analytics findings across the company
What You’ve Done
- Bachelors or masters degree with a strong quantitative focus
- Statistical methodology: experiment design, multivariate analysis
- Strong SQL fluency: ability to work with large datasets and advanced queries
- Experience with a scripting language like Python
- Superb problem synthesis and communication skills
- Experience with tools of the trade: Periscope or other BI platforms, Excel, Jupyter Notebook
- Understanding of data warehousing and relational data modeling fundamentals
- An impact oriented mindset; Demonstrated ability to ask the right questions, prioritize work and manage stakeholder expectations
- Keen attention to detail and data integrity
- You are flexible and can adapt to changing priorities. You are able to find efficiencies and improvements to make existing processes more successful.
- You take pride in your work, follow through to completion, and care about delivering high levels of accuracy.
- You have strong communication skills and can work effectively with the entire team including product, design, editorial, customer service, and logistics.
- You’re a team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- You have a passion for start-ups and e-commerce. You can be scrappy and are comfortable wearing many hats.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
- We have a real impact on people’s lives
- We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
- We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
- We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
- Competitive pay
- 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
- Flexible, fully paid parental leave policy
- We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.