Are you impassioned with customer success, learning, and professional growth? Do you have an aptitude for identifying customer education opportunities? Can you take that vision, empower your team, and turn it into operational improvements and retention wins? For you, it’s about achieving company results through data-informed decision making. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Data Analyst, Customer Success at Thinkific, you will be an analytical driver across our Customer Support, Customer Education, and Customer Enablement teams. You’ll play a key role in supporting these teams as they work toward their activation and retention goals through programs like customer communities, business coaching, and new support initiatives. Joining our impactful Data team, you’ll work collaboratively with your stakeholders to evaluate Customer Success initiatives and uncover opportunities to better support our customers. At Thinkific, one of our core values is to be Fanatical About Customer Success, and your analysis and insights will be critical in helping our course creators reach success and continue to see that success in their businesses!
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our Customer Success teams to refine and measure success metrics and their impact on the long term company results
- Assess the impact of Customer Success initiatives and communicate these impacts back to stakeholders
- Promote data-informed decision making and provide education on best practices across the Customer Success organization
- Use data to identify areas for operational efficiency gains within our Customer Support team
- Ensure data around support ticket trends is disseminated to other parts of the organization
- Use data to identify areas of opportunity around customer education
- Define principles and develop models (such as those to identify which customers are at risk of churning) to identify best targets for Customer Enablement team
- Contribute to data infrastructure improvement
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a Data, Business Analyst, or Consulting role where you have driven and influenced business decisions in a SaaS or tech environment
- Demonstrate excellent problem structuring and solving skills—you ask the right questions, know what’s important to solve for, and can build a plan to find a solution
- Display strong communication skills and the ability to convey the results of an analysis using presentations and dashboards and both written and verbal reports
- Approach your work with an ownership attitude—you’re proud of the work that you do and strive to ensure it’s accurate and impactful
- Be able to work independently in a fast-changing environment
- Show exceptional organization skills and be detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of statistical and data modelling concepts
- Have a strong working knowledge of SQL
- Possess a solid understanding of experimentation and A/B testing principles
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are knowledgeable in key SaaS metrics—terms like MRR, CAC, and ARPU are part of your regular vocabulary
- Hold a passion for learning and professional growth
- Have previous experience with tools like Zendesk (or a similar ticketing platform), Salesforce, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Optimize
- Are comfortable working with at least one BI tool such as Mode, Tableau, or Looker
Bonus points if you:
- Have knowledge of data techniques working in Python and/or R
- Are comfortable with ETL tools and techniques
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!