Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for someone who loves to turn data into insights and communicate findings fearlessly. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset, and you are motivated to understand our business better.
- Identify and analyze trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Support scoping complex data-centric projects across multiple teams and systems, and work on deliverables to promote bias to action
- Build data models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into visitor and customer behaviours, and feed the team’s hunger for actionable insights
- Own the data products you build from end to end that enable self-serve analysis, by gathering requirements, defining the scope, and delivering on the execution of the final product.
- Assist our teams in defining, tracking and optimizing processes, tools, and dashboards for better planning and management of the business
- Support acquisition strategies with in-depth analyses on critical acquisition behavior, as well as channel-specific optimization (SEO, performance, content, brand)
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing multiple data sources and performance indicators to locate and correct inconsistencies
- Help analyze the effectiveness of new solutions to inform whether to double down, pivot, or eliminate a new feature or process
- Excellent skills with analytics tools, fluency with BI/visualization tools such as tableau, knowledge of R/Python, SQL and other analysis tools
- 3 + years of work experience in analytics/data science or a directly related field – some of which is in a technology environment
- Experience in marketing optimization analytics and with marketing-specific platform tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Natural inclination to always think MVP first
- Experience working & managing deliverables across multiple squads, tribes and groups within a company
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, in line with Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €45,000 to €65,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.