TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of TaxJar’s overall business, partner with our senior support, autofile, engineering and product leaders, and take on an operating role with a fast growing company that aims to fundamentally simplify sales tax for ecommerce sellers.
As a Customer Experience Data and Operations Analyst, you will design and build the metrics to report and analyze our success, working closely with the Support, AutoFile, Operations, Product and R&D leadership teams to drive initiatives that improve the efficiency and workload for our internal teams as well as overall customer experience.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work autonomously in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before. You’re both a generalist, able to do a variety of projects with sufficient time and guidance, as well as a specialist, taking pride in independently owning your particular piece of the operation.
This is a new position and you will be responsible for developing and implementing best practices across the organization.
What will I be doing?
- Become an expert on all things TaxJar when it comes to our Support and AutoFile offerings and the tools to help scale our globalCustomer Experience Team (CXT), which is a combination of Customer Support and AutoFile.
- Partner cross functionally with Customer Support, AutoFile, Product, Data/Operations, Development and others to build a long lasting, scalable metrics/KPI system
- Improve old and establish new metrics to drive performance, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Create and iterate upon various capacity planning models, in collaboration with Finance and the Innovation Group (Product, Development, CXT)
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Imposter syndrome is common, but we’d love to hear from you. So please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t check every box on this list!
- High business acumen and deep curiosity about the business and the Customer Experience team operations in particular
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with, or track record of learning various data tools & languages quickly: SQL, Excel, BI tools
- Self starter, require very little guidance to explore, examine and execute
- Excellent communication skills; ability to summarize and synthesize complex data sets into actionable insights for team leads
- Competency and enthusiasm for emerging technologies
- Highly collaborative approach to analysis and data-driven recommendation / decision-making
- Willing to work on a highly demanding, results-oriented team that also makes a point of not taking themselves too seriously
Bonus skills & attributes:
- An understanding of customer support, particularly support automation and self-service
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Amplitude, Tableau, Snowflake, and Segment
- Experience working with TaxJar’s products
- Experience working with sales tax and/or ecommerce sellers
- Experience working, building, and scaling community forums and help centers
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.