WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Data and Reporting department (ODR) members serve as the data experts under the Outreach umbrella of ActBlue. This role is embedded with the Data Systems team, which provides the Outreach departments with expertise in data hygiene and management. The team drives innovation and improves operations within our CRM by using complete, clean data. This role will lead the maintenance of the Outreach CRM by automating workflows that promote data hygiene to improve the Outreach user experience and boosting the analysis that drives internal decision making.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate in the technical requirements and design for the merging, cleaning, matching of Outreach data from various sources to facilitate strategic capture of information and retention of institutional knowledge.
- Assist in optimizing Outreach data systems to effectively leverage insights according to strategic and programmatic goals.
- Participate in conversations with internal data stakeholders regarding Outreach data enrichment and utilization.
- Apply knowledge and techniques of database design to monitor the Outreach database and align Outreach data with other internal systems.
- Monitor workflows and integrations used to gather accurate data, identify issues with data flow, and work with stakeholders to resolve identified issues.
- Assist in the monitoring of data standards, procedures, and integration of systems through robust documentation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Two to four years of experience with maintaining a CRM for multiple stakeholders, such as HubSpot, strongly preferred.
- A passion for data infrastructure solutions and a track record for designing and delivering products that promote better data infrastructure.
- Strong SQL and Excel/Google Sheets skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools.
- Experience working in political, issue-oriented, or nonprofit environments preferred.
- Experience working with APIs and ETL workflows.
- An understanding of how data capture can be elevated into reporting insights and analyses.
- Coding experience in either Python or R and familiarity with BI tools preferred.
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task various projects at one time.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $92,000, depending on experience
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.