Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is seeking a data editor and content strategist to analyze data sets and identify compelling stories for IT practitioner audiences, report and write those stories, and design visualizations. You will also support the content optimization of Elastic’s blog by analyzing traffic data, recommending and writing content that grows audience and engagement, andcraftingg user journeys. And, as an integral member of the Storytelling & Publishing team you will copy edit and write a range of content about search, observability, and security technologies.
You should be comfortable delivering blogs in a fast-paced editorial environment and familiar with SEO standard methodologies. You enjoy nerding out on developer trends, learning about product development, and envisioning the future of enterprise technology. You have experience working with a CMS, and blog editing, staging and publishing processes.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Mine data sets to build compelling stories and visualizations
- Support the end-to-end blog publishing process, including scheduling, establishing workback plans, identifying partners and reviewers, selecting imagery, and publishing blog posts in a content management system (CMS)
- Collaborate with hardworking engineers and product managers to form their insights into a blog article
- Write and edit journalistic blogs for a broad audience on Elastic’s products and capabilities
- Write and create content for social media channels to promote blogs
- Coordinate and synthesize blog user data across audience engagement, acquisition, and conversions to develop dashboards and attribution models in collaboration with other marketing teams for both internal reporting and to propose new content ideas to grow impact
Support team publishing operations
What you bring:
- Expertise in data analysis, story ideation, and data visualization
- Strong writing and editing skills; you can both craft a story and support a non-writer to build their own
- Consistent track record of identifying and crafting compelling stories that engage target audiences
- Understanding what kind of B2B content engages an IT practitioner audience
- A comfort with spreadsheets and analyzing metrics to make decisions and identify creative opportunities
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Monday.com and Asana is a plus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.