Data Engineers at Deepgram are software engineers with a deep understanding of and curiosity about data flows and distributed processing. We build processing pipelines to support our mission-critical needs and scale the infrastructure to meet our future expected workloads — think “petabytes of data served to hundreds of GPUs.” You will power the data needs for teams across Deepgram by architecting data solutions for massive scale as well as owning the end-to-end implementation of such systems. In collaboration with the SRE and InfraOps teams, Data Engineers contribute to the infrastructural aspects of data engineering, such as working with modern infrastructure-as-code frameworks and tooling like Ansible and Terraform to provision cloud services. By tuning, troubleshooting, and scaling our systems using these technologies and maintaining the curiosity to understand the internal workings of such systems, you have the opportunity to make a deep impact on product research and development across the organization.
- Partner with leadership, engineers, program managers, and data scientists to understand data needs
- Design, build, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms including Data Warehouse
- Communicate, at scale, through multiple mediums: Presentations, dashboards, company-wide datasets, bots, and more
- Educate your partners: Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing pipelines and processes.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas
- 3+ years of professional experience with Python (or similar)
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture and data processing
- Strong understanding of major database systems e.g. Relational, NoSQL, etc.
- Experience with API design and optimization, building performant machine-to-machine services
- Hustle, curiosity, humility
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021 and 2022), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say!