The Data Team at Babylist powers data-driven decision making through all aspects of the company’s business. We are not a service team. We are a product function with a strong focus on 3 core aspects of data — engineering, analysis, and data science. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build and scale our core data platform. This work and the role is foundational for our team and strategic for our business.
You are a dedicated professional whose interests lie on the cusp of data engineering, data architecture and DevOps. You like getting things done and building them right. You will work cross-functionally with our product managers, analysts, data scientists, and business functions.
As Data Engineer, you will be joining a small but growing data team at Babylist and will directly shape the data vision for the company through your work. You will hone your craft as a data professional while working on a state-of-the-art data stack and being mentored by senior engineers.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently one in two first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com
. In 2019, over $400 million worth of gifts were purchased off of Babylist registries and in 2020 we have tripled our annual revenue.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
• We get stuff done
• We have a real impact on people’s lives
• We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
• We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
• We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
• We’re a technological and data-driven business
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
• Competitive pay
• Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
• 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
• Flexible, paid parental leave policy
• MacBook Pro, a home office stipend, fully-remote Engineering team
• We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.