Data Engineer – U.S. Remote or Lincoln, NE
As we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform, we’re doing it alongside a group of high-performing “no excuses just results” people.
The Data Engineer will be self-accountable and have experience building data infrastructure to increase the value and usability of data at Opendorse.
If you love a challenge and are eager to scale a SaaS business to the next level, this role is rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup, that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other departments to design to implement data solutions to solve business problems
- Implement and support tools such as Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Factory
- Build infrastructure to facilitate data integrations with various databases (SQL Server/Azure SQL and Azure Cosmos DB), platforms, and APIs
- Utilize SAS, R, or Python to perform statistical analysis
- Leverage the correct data technology to support top-level business strategy
- Pursue continuous improvement to systems and processes
- Write documentation for data architecture and processes
- Analytical ability to collect, organize, model, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data
What we are looking for
- 2-3 years Azure Synapse Analytics
- 2-3 years Azure Data Lake and SQL Server
- Agile Methodologies
What will set you apart
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning and Azure Cognitive Services
- Knowledge to create and administer data access policies and procedures
- Ability to create dashboards and visualizations using PowerBI, Tableau, or other comparable tools
- Experience with Azure SQL Managed Instances and SQL Elastic Pools
- Being high-energy with a hustle, motivation, and drive that’s contagious
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a high-growth early-stage technology startup company
- Experience in the sports industry
- Proven to be collaborative team player across multiple functions and geographies
- Willingness to travel up to 10% to company headquarters in Lincoln, NE
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.