Nav was founded to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of small business owners by bringing efficiency and transparency to financial decision making. We are changing the way these business owners secure lending with our innovative technology and customer-centric approach. We build intelligent software on top of data to solve issues in the small business financial ecosystem. Our ability to collect, aggregate, enrich and distribute this data makes us unique and presents many avenues for business growth.
We are passionate about empowering our teams and giving them the freedom to shape our future. Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us… Be a part of history and co-create the future of FinTech.
YOUR ROLE AT NAV:
- Working with other engineering, product, operations, marketing, and other leaders to help drive value and set priorities.
- Leading and developing a growing team of data engineers.
- Building, maintaining, and fulfilling a technical data engineering roadmap vision.
- Driving architectural direction, with a secure, scalable platform.
- Helping teams scope and complete successful project plans around key business initiatives.
- Ensuring new functionality is built with effective and scalable technologies, knowing when to diversify and leverage existing tech.
- Implementing systems tracking data quality and consistency.
- Owning the core company data pipeline, scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Nav.
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You know how to implement, advocate, and teach Agile practices, and adapt them to your people and circumstances.
- Your Passionate about work completion. Never leaving the work at a half-cooked point or near-completion without proper closure.
- You know and understand data ethics & privacy.
- You can consistently evolve data models & data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- You know how to use SQL and Python job tuning to improve data processing performance.
- You have helped build custom data models and applications to empower data science and BI in decision making and customer experience.
- You’ve developed and extended design patterns, processes, standards, frameworks and reusable components for use in various data engineering functions and areas.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An authentic and relatable mentor who can challenge their team to do their best work every day.
- Strong SQL, ETL, scripting and or programming skills with a preference towards Python
- You’ve lead small teams of other engineers.
- You know at least one of the SQL languages (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, etc.) extremely well.
- You know at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.) extremely well.
- You have experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- You’re comfortable working directly with all data consumers at Nav (BI, Data Scientists, etc.).
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- You have 5 years of hands-on experience in enterprise data warehousing and or, big data implementations and complex data solutions and frameworks.
- Extensive experience with Python
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience optimizing queries in AWS Redshift and/or Postgres
- Experience deploying and maintaining AWS EC2 and Docker instances
- Experience with getting financing and understanding credit scores
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.