Make recognition fun. Love your work. 🤗💚🎉
Join our small but growing team dedicated to building engaged, recognition-rich cultures in workplaces across the globe!
To learn what makes our company culture unique, take a peek at our Employee Un-Handbook, check out our Instagram, , and read what employees say it’s like to work here.
*** COVID-19 Update: Bonusly is still hiring! We will be conducting all interviews and on-boarding new hires remotely until further notice. Until it is safe to return to office-based work, Bonusly will furnish all employees with what they need to work remotely, and employees may choose to work from any location (provided they follow local health guidelines). ***
What is Bonusly?
Bonusly provides solutions to create high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that success in business is determined by people, working on teams, to solve novel problems. That belief extends to our own team, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to help people connect with their work and each other in meaningful ways. Our vision is for every organization to reach success by using Bonusly to build high-performance, high-engagement teams. We believe that the way we work today can be so much better.
How do we get there?
Our top-rated SaaS platform is built by the talented and creative team here at Bonusly. We work with autonomy, responsibility, and purpose. We are driven by a desire to make meaningful impacts for our customers, and to be excellent teammates to each other along the way.
Boulder, CO or remote, must be based in the US
Bonusly is looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Data Engineer to expand our impact as an established leader in HR B2B SaaS. You will get to positively impact some of the most influential companies in the world such as Hulu, Chobani, Headspace, Palo Alto Networks, and more by building out the backend data and analytics systems for a product that empowers employees to show appreciation for each other, build stronger working relationships, and feel a greater sense of belonging. We’re looking for someone who is both highly analytical and enthusiastically creative. We are a young company and you will be joining a high impact, high visibility team tasked with extracting insights from our accumulated platform data and distributing an evolving suite of data products to internal and external stakeholders. Initially you will be asked to be part data architect and part engineer and will be encouraged and mentored on your career trajectory as we grow.
What you’ll do
- Join an inclusive, collaborative, and skilled product team that loves to deliver value for our customers.
- Collaborate in the design of our overall data architecture including lake, reservoir, and warehouse and patterns of downstream consumption for analytics, BI and AI/ML initiatives.
- Be hands on the adoption and use of new technologies (e.g., Stitch, Snowflake, Kafka, etc), data pipelines, and ETLs
- Be a part of our high growth journey and collaborate to create and iterate on our practices.
- Have the support of your amazing, talented colleagues while working on small, high impact teams and enjoying the trust and autonomy needed to be biased toward action.
- Embrace a nuanced view of time off, as we encourage our team to mix work and free time in different ways to help people stay motivated and refreshed.
💯You should apply if you…..
- Have 3+ years professional experience as a data analyst, engineer, or architect focused on modern data architecture, ETL, and analytics.
- Have a diverse skill set and are comfortable being a data platform generalist initially as we grow our platform and team.
- Have professional experience with at least one modern programming language (Python and Go will feature prominently in our tech stack)
- Are passionate and data driven — you are equally excited trying new things in Snowflake, building an efficient ETL, or developing new information products
- You thrive on building scalable, cloud based, data systems and workflows.
- Have worked with a variety of best-in-class cloud providersAre interested in the things we talk about at https://engineering.bonus.ly/
- Are eager to communicate cross-functionally and within product, design, and engineering
- Architect data systems for performance, scalability, and future maintainability
- Leave code better than it was found
Bonus Points for…
- Having experience with Snowflake, Stitch, Redshift, Good Cloud Data Analytics and AI/ML services
- Having previously worked to design, develop, implement master data management (MDM) solutions
- Uplifting and mentoring other team members through architecture input, proactive communication, and/or strong leadership qualities
- A strong interest in learning about new technologies, development processes, and practices and sharing this knowledge with the team or implements tooling around it
- Being an advocate and change agent for data architecture and management best practices
- The drive to act and own high-impact projects from day one
- Previous work experience in a startup environment
- Target Base Salary: $125,000 – $155,000
- Target Equity: .05% – .10%
🎉Benefits and opportunities include…
• Collaborating with a growing team of smart & passionate creators.
• Making work more enjoyable and meaningful by reimagining the way companies recognize and reward their employees.
• Being empowered to innovate, take ownership, and motivate change at a growing company.
• Flexible “work-from” policies.
• Fully covered Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
• Fully covered short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
• Progressive vacation policy.
• 401(k) with employer matching.
• Subsidized wellness, transit, and professional development.
• Bonusly! (Of course we use our own product for peer, work anniversary, and birthday recognition)
💚 What’s it like to work at Bonusly?
Culture and employee experience are some of our top priorities! See what we’re all about at https://bonus.ly/about, and check out our official Employee Unhandbook to learn more about our culture and values.
🔸 We actively work toward greater diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.